bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Sharing traffic from 2.4 to 5ghz wifi  (Read 6415 times)

Offline glansberry

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Sharing traffic from 2.4 to 5ghz wifi
« on: July 12, 2014, 05:31:51 pm »
Just got almond+, It works, but I am having trouble though with one thing.

I have a chromecast connected on the 2.4ghz network,   but when i try to use it from my pc on the 5ghz network, it can't be found.  If I switch the pc to the 2.4 network, it works fine.   Can someone point me to the proper setting to fix this?  Is something preventing traffic from crossing between the networks?

Geoff

LGNilsson

Re: Sharing traffic from 2.4 to 5ghz wifi
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 10:23:06 pm »
Strange, I tested this at home some time ago and it was working just fine. I was streaming from an HTC One just fine in exactly this way.
I'll have to try again and see if it still works, but I can't think of any reason as to why this shouldn't work.

Offline nonaitall

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 10:06:59 am »
I was having problems with the 5GHz network too. Try the hard reset button (on the top, it's white). hold it for 10 seconds or more and the device will do a reboot - try it before renaming the networks and changing the passwords, etc. That fixed a bunch of 5Ghz problems i was having.

Offline dup

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 11:07:07 pm »
I am also having this same problem. While connected via wireless, I cannot see my Roku or Harmony Remote Hub. They are both connected to the network, but its like from my phone it doesn't even see them. I never had this issue with my previous router. I have tried connecting to both the 5G and 2.4G networks and it does not matter, my phone cannot "see" these devices. In the case of my Roku, it is connected and it works fine in and of itself, I just cannot use the remote app to control it. Same with my Harmony Remote Hub.

Offline dup

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 12:25:01 am »
I rebooted the router and it looks like I can access everything now. Not sure what the problem was.

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 24 queries.