bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: VLAN tagging  (Read 39719 times)

Offline wayne

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: VLAN tagging
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2014, 12:31:48 am »
Hi Skchua,

I am afraid to tell you that the upcoming firmware wouldn't support VLAN tagging yet, however, our concerned team is aware and they are working on it and it may take time to implement it with our future firmware.

Thanks,
Ashok Kumar,
Securifi Technical Support

Ashok,

I need VLAN and many more others too. I can't use my Almond+ at all unless VLAN is support. Do you guys have a timeframe for VLAN to be included in a firmware upgrade? I can't wait till another year till the warranty on my almond+ has finish before VLAN is enabled. I have raise up about this on your kickstarter updates, but it has fallen into deaf ears.

The longer u guys drag this, the nearer my warranty gonna expires. Please, my red almond+ is collecting another inch of dust sitting inside it's box.

LGNilsson

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2014, 02:58:12 am »
This isn't going to happen over night, but it's something we'll be adding, I just can't say when.
It's not something that takes five minutes to do and we need to get our chipset partners involved to get this implemented.

Your Almond+ is far from useless, as you can still set it up as an access point and use it like that in combination with your current router. It might not be the ideal usage scenario, but it'll at least enable you to use your Almond+.

I don't really understand the warranty concern, or what that has to do with anything in this case.

Offline wayne

• Backer
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2014, 05:43:57 am »
Lars, I fully understand and not expecting for you guys to implement it overnight, I'm just saying is there any timeline to it because your previous reply given was to give you guys some time and some time could mean I don't know 1,3 or 6 months? Given the track record of the almond+ been shipped to us backers. At least give some little hope like saying Dec 14 or Q1 15.

I've thought of running it as AP mode, not idea like you said cos there's already a SamKnow device(which is a router with custom firmware) hooking up to my main router, with my IPTV set top box, PS4 and HTPC. Imagine the mess :'(

Offline Etherknight

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2014, 05:18:30 pm »
Hope to see this implemented soon so we can ditch the router that is just adding the VLAN support, could be a cool christmas gift   ;)

LGNilsson

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2014, 10:41:10 pm »
The problem is that we need to work with the chipset vendor to make this happen and inasmuch as they've told us it can be done, they haven't really told us how to do it, yet. Considering it's holiday season now, don't expect any news for at least a month or two  :-\
I'm trying to push for this and many other things, but I'm sorry to say, you guys are still a small minority of our backers/customers overall and as such this isn't highest priority. It's not that we're not going to do this, as we understand it's an important feature.

Offline Etherknight

• Backer
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2014, 07:38:07 am »
Thanks Lars,

I understand there are other priorities and for sure securifi should invest the effort in fixing/implementing features that affect most users. Hope you receive proper support from chipset vendor soon.

Best regards,
Ether

Offline Etherknight

• Backer
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2015, 04:08:36 pm »
Any news about this? It's been 2 months since last post, some more since we opened this post requesting support for this.
It would be good to have a plan on when will it be fixed. The excuse of the first months on focusing on bigger issues affectingmore people is fading now and also with the launch of new products like Almond 2015.
Securifi should finish what started and provide a finished product. If there is not enough manpower to finish Almond+ then Almond 2015 should have never happen.

I'm a patient guy, but everything have limits.

Offline brantflick

• Backer
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2015, 08:41:22 am »
According to that help guide you posted sometime back (http://blog.ngpixel.com/post/104449747538/how-to-bypass-bell-fibe-hub-and-use-your-own-router), why not simply put a device in the place of the switch (either a managed switch or a router running DD-WRT or Tomato or OpenWRT) that can provide the necessary vLan tagging?  It doesn't need to happen on the Almond+ in the configuration provided in the tutorial linked.

Offline Etherknight

• Backer
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2015, 06:47:28 pm »
That is actually the workaround i have to do in order to use the Almond+, but there should be no need to do such thing as the Almond+ is an OpenWRT router itself!
Now I need to have 1 device plugged in 24/7 just to do the VLAN thing the Almond+ can't do.  The funny thing is that if you visit the product page of Almond+, it literaly says "One-Box to do it all", well for now I neeed 2 boxes to do it all.

Offline wayne

• Backer
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2015, 01:25:59 am »
According to that help guide you posted sometime back (http://blog.ngpixel.com/post/104449747538/how-to-bypass-bell-fibe-hub-and-use-your-own-router), why not simply put a device in the place of the switch (either a managed switch or a router running DD-WRT or Tomato or OpenWRT) that can provide the necessary vLan tagging?  It doesn't need to happen on the Almond+ in the configuration provided in the tutorial linked.

You don't get it, what's the point of adding extra devices to make something work when Almond+ suppose to be the all-in-one router, not forgetting sucking up more electricity and contribute more CO2.

I did ask about VLAN back in Kickstarter, they replied saying it should work because it has Open-WRT built into Almond+. But right now they say VLAN isn't a priority and they needed time, but well time passed for quite a while and I almost been seen like an impatient dude for asking for a timeframe for a feature that is suppose to be included in my router.

My Almond+ is still in its box, I think I need to return the unit back..for now. Will buy back maybe one day when VLAN is configurable in the near distant future.

Offline Oletros

« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2015, 11:47:31 am »
It seems that it will never be VLAN tagging in the Almond+

Right now, I can't use it because my ISP needs VLAN tagging. Perhaps it should have been a better thing to say in the Kickstarter page that it wasn't supported instead of explicitly saying that VLAN tagging would be in the product. Perhaps I would have been saved the 150 euros I spent in that brick.

Offline teuna

• Peanut
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2015, 06:57:24 am »
Hi guys,

As i said before, i'm looking for 2 European bricks ?
Would you mind selling 2 of those to me ?

What colors do you have ?
I'd buy them at Kickstarter price.
I'd of course pây for the shipping (I'm in France).

Please PM if interested.

NAt

Offline accordfreak

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2015, 04:42:05 pm »
4 months has passed. any updates on vlan?

jjoepaulines

« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2015, 11:01:51 pm »
Now We are planning to add VLAN support in Almond Plus. I would like to collect the information regarding customer expectation about VLAN in Almond plus.

Please add your comments here .....
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 12:04:22 am by Joe »

Offline jomasego

• Backer
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2015, 12:03:23 pm »
In the case of Spanish people, whose ISP is Movistar (the very biggest one), we need to be able to set what's in the attached photos (OpenWRT)

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 21 queries.