Choose style:

Author Topic: Time zone difference?  (Read 3491 times)

Offline gil

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Time zone difference?
« on: August 27, 2014, 07:27:34 pm »
I have 2 Almond+ and both have been updated with R065 firmware.  While familiarizing myself with the various screens I noticed that the time seems to be set 5 hours ahead to something other than my local timezone (US central).  While is says it is set to local I noticed the system log also reflects something different than the local time.  There are several instances in the system log where it looks like it is attempting to ind and connect wth a timeserver but failing:
"Aug 27 23:13:56 AlmondPlus user.notice rdate: No usable time server for lan found"
"Aug 27 23:13:59 AlmondPlus user.notice rdate: No usable time server for loopback found"
"Aug 27 23:14:00 AlmondPlus user.notice rdate: Failed to sync with cudns.cit.cornell.edu"  and
"Aug 27 23:14:01 AlmondPlus user.notice rdate: Failed to sync with ptbtime3.ptb.de"  etc...

Anybody else noticed this?

Offline gil

• Backer
Re: Time zone difference?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 12:15:29 am »
D'OH! Found the answer to my own question. 

Go to the Advanced tab --> OpenWRT --> System --> General Settings

Here you can configure the basic aspects of your device like it's hostname or the timezone
(I can't believe how many timezone options they had for "America/aBazillionDifferentPlaces")

Amritendu

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 12:16:46 am »
Hey Gil, I took a look into this. The time feature of your Almond+ gets the feed from the local time server which is cudns.cit.cornell.edu in your case. I tried to reach this site from my PC as well and it came up with sever busy! It seems that this time server is not updating real time or might have some glitch. Don't think its a bug in the Almond+, but more of a local time server issue! Yes, probably changing it to a different time host might be helpful!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 12:20:30 am by Amritendu »

Offline j8048188

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 11:17:43 pm »
I set my NTP devices to point to pool.ntp.org and have never had a sync issue.

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.