bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Corrupted downloads  (Read 3028 times)

Offline jasonl99

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Corrupted downloads
« on: September 19, 2014, 11:47:49 am »
I have had an issue over the last several days downloading .gzip or .deb packages for linux.  Each is more than 30 megabytes.  When I tried to install, I got a "decompression error" -- in other words, the zipped data's checksum didn't match, which means the compressed data had errors transferring.  This happened four out of five times with two different dowloads.  If finally occurred to me that this might be the almond+ (and it took waaay to long for that to occur to me  ::))

I switched to my other Wifi network (which is a ASUS access point), and it worked just fine.  It appears that there are occassional errors in transmission; I suspect that downloading a large file just increase the chance of it occurring.  Since the compression has error-checking, it catches it.  Obviously, there'd be now way to catch this if it were occurring on web pages etc since there is no error checking.

I am running the Almond+ in access point mode.

Offline summat

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Corrupted downloads
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 12:25:10 pm »
There was a mention here of someone seeing garbled packets with A+ connected to WAN port in AP mode on clients connected to LAN ports.

I realise you're talking about wireless connection to A+, but maybe try moving the uplink for the A+ to one of its LAN ports and see if that helps?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 12:27:06 pm by summat »

Offline jasonl99

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Corrupted downloads
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 11:01:49 pm »
Thanks..I will give that a try this weekend.

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 23 queries.