Choose style:

Author Topic: Extracting Usage Stats / Traffic Stats  (Read 4707 times)

Offline khaled

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Extracting Usage Stats / Traffic Stats
« on: September 20, 2014, 02:45:12 pm »
Hello,

I'd like to extract usage stats / traffic stats from the Almond+.

The info coming out of the logging via syslog is ok - but it doesn’t contain traffic details - I'm sending all log data to a Splunk instance and creating a securifi dashboard... though one cool thing would be if anyone is keen on building a Securifi - Almond+ Splunk App... That would make it easy for anyone to quickly get meaningful dashboards / visualizations, etc...

Any ideas on how this can be achieved.

Offline rpr69

• Backer
Re: Extracting Usage Stats / Traffic Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 06:59:03 pm »
I've got a prototype of sensor logging to both open.sen.se and thinkspeak.com. The open.sen.se GUI is a bit nicer, but thinkspeak is a bit easier to interface to. I haven't fully fleshed it out yet, but it's logging now. I've temporarily piggybacked onto the check_connection.sh script, as it runs roughly once a minute.

It could be extended to log system metrics as well.

ThinkSpeak demo:

Open Sen.se demo:

Offline Automate

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 09:18:23 pm »
Nice.  Can you post the changes you made to the check_connection.sh script when you get a chance?

Offline rpr69

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 12:13:02 am »
All I did was add a link to my custom perl script in that script, just as a launcher. Perl scripts should be attached to this post. They aren't pretty, and could be better, but they work. I also just finished getting email out from the almond+ (relaying through another server I have), so now I can send alerts as well, if I so desire.

Please note, if you use these scripts I make no claims of fitness or warranty, use at your own risk, may brick your router, kill your cat, or burn your house down, not my problem.

As for the check_connection.sh script,  I just added a call to the included script after the 'sleep 60' line 2 lines from the end of the file, and then rebooted.

I won't go into detail on how to setup open.sen.se or thingspeak, but if you need help I will try and assist as best I can.

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 25 queries.

bottleneck