bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Networked Storage via USB  (Read 10321 times)

Offline perfectbebop

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Networked Storage via USB
« on: October 05, 2014, 05:46:09 pm »
From searching here I know that the storage feature via USB works (and well it sounds) but I'm dumb and can't seem to make it work for me. Is there a tutorial somewhere explaining how it works? Will it only work for USB drives that are 3.0 only?

Offline matt

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Networked Storage via USB
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 12:36:03 am »
From searching here I know that the storage feature via USB works (and well it sounds) but I'm dumb and can't seem to make it work for me. Is there a tutorial somewhere explaining how it works? Will it only work for USB drives that are 3.0 only?

I'm not sure what sharing method you're trying to use, but on R065 with samba, it seems to just work out of the box. I plugged in a usb3 flash drive, enabled samba in the web interface, and gave it a password. Then I went to \\router_ip\ (windows), and I logged in and could see the drive.

LGNilsson

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 01:45:43 am »

Offline preternaturous

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 08:06:37 pm »
I've been having trouble with this as well. I follow all those steps, and when it asks me for the password, the correct password is returned incorrect.

Offline bonobo1234

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 10:09:46 pm »
I have experience the problem of login with Router's IP(192.168.xxx.xxx), but works OK with \\almondplus 
Hope this will help.

Offline preternaturous

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 12:38:18 am »
No, I'm using \\almondplus to log in, and the password keeps being returned as incorrect, even though it's the correct password.

LGNilsson

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 03:59:38 am »
Sometimes Samba is a bit flaky, the odd way to fix this that I've found at least is to go in to OpenWRT, click on Services, ALG, then disable FTP, click save, enable FTP, click save.
This tends to fix it when I've been having issues.
We're still working on getting Samba up to date and working properly and this is one of several things that needs to be fixed.

Offline Roger

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 02:40:14 am »
I am not having problems with Almond+ but this same week with Samba in another system, when I used the name of the machine it blocked access due to some obscure security reasons but it works fine with \\IP Address.

Try using the \\IP instead of the name and, if it works, don't ask why, just be grateful.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 02:45:04 am by Roger »

Offline Roger

• Backer
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 06:03:46 am »
Is anyone experiencing the same problem as I am and are described in this thread:

http://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,2144.0.html

Thanks

Offline preternaturous

• Backer
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 06:28:24 pm »
Is it possible to access my usb storage through the internet? I have it set up as a network drive on my computer locally,  but my goal is to map the network drive to the computers at my school via the Internet so I can have my own personal cloud for homework and stuff. How would I map that? What address?

LGNilsson

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2014, 10:30:48 pm »
Is it possible to access my usb storage through the internet? I have it set up as a network drive on my computer locally,  but my goal is to map the network drive to the computers at my school via the Internet so I can have my own personal cloud for homework and stuff. How would I map that? What address?

Not without a little bit of work on your side. You'd have to set up a VPN server on your Almond+ and then connect via VPN to it, as that would allow you to browse your local network as if you were connected directly to your Almond+.

Offline preternaturous

• Backer
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 12:36:30 am »
Fair enough. How might I go about that?

LGNilsson

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2014, 02:54:48 am »
Well, you'd enable the VPN server in the Almond+ web UI and then set up a VPN connection on your PC.
I'll try to put together a basic guide in the Wiki this week, but it'll vary from device to device that you connect with.

Offline Richel

• Beta Testers
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2015, 08:42:56 am »
Well, you'd enable the VPN server in the Almond+ web UI and then set up a VPN connection on your PC.
I'll try to put together a basic guide in the Wiki this week, but it'll vary from device to device that you connect with.

I just looked at the WIKI and cannot find anything about setting up the VPN. If this has been done, please send me the link. Thanks.

Offline bowsandarrows

• Backer
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2015, 01:58:52 pm »
+1 and also a guide in the wiki for using your almond+ as a VPN client would be very useful also.

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck