bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Visibility of firmware roadmap?  (Read 10153 times)

Offline elav

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Visibility of firmware roadmap?
« on: October 25, 2014, 12:23:30 am »
I think the team is making great progress but I would love to have visibility of the various roadmap items for the next release or two and the targeted release dates.  I have purchased an outlet switch that is slated to be supported in the next release and would love to know when the window/door sensors are fully functional.  Thanks for any visibility you can provide and keep up the great work!

LGNilsson

Re: Visibility of firmware roadmap?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 12:33:28 am »
Can you be a bit more specific about the sensors you have, i.e. make/model name/number or it's a bit hard to say why you're having problems.

As for a roadmap, right now it's a bit hard to give any specifics as the next firmware release will be a pretty major one that will include a new Wi-Fi driver that fixes the Apple related connectivity issues, the garbled data problem some people are experiencing, and a bunch of other issues. It'll also add support for notifications, basic support for the Philips Hue hub, a new on-screen keyboard and a bunch of other things. All this needs to be tested properly before we can release it, but we're getting there and we'll do our best to keep you all posted on the development.

Offline elav

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 02:47:39 am »
I have the Securifi window/door sensors, securifi motion sensors, securifi fobs and the Centralite plug.  I'm not saying I'm having problems, just that my window/door sensors don't behave like your demo videos yet. I do software dev and if you are using agile scrum you should be able to provide a list of targeted enhancements and target date. Please don't take this as a complaint, I just would like to set my expectations appropriately ( meaning, this release, next release and if releases are bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly). Thanks for any visibility !

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 03:38:24 am »
Can you please explain how the sensors behave then, as we all have them installed and we sold quite a few of them and no-one else have complained.

The goal was to try to get things out on a monthly basis, but because certain things are outside of our control, like Wi-Fi drivers, the next release has taken a lot longer than we anticipated.
Since I'm not a member of the software team, I can't really say how they work.
As pre my previous post, everything I mentioned in there will be in the next firmware.

Offline elav

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 01:38:24 pm »
There is a video of you at MWC showing the door/window sensor showing the open and closed states.  What I'm seeing is that the screen always shows the word open (even when the connector is closed) and if you do open it the word "tampered" shows up and you have to dismiss it to reset it.  So, it doesn't show the open/closed state (looks like only the trigger has been implemented).  I'm assuming this is functioning correctly based on what has been implemented...

LGNilsson

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 03:42:14 pm »
Uhm, it works just fine for me.
Try removing and adding the sensor again, as it looks like something has gone wrong.
It's possible it's a faulty sensor, also check that there's a magnet inside the smaller part.

Offline elav

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 07:03:13 pm »
I have tried two different sensors and both have the same behavior (I ordered 8 sensors from Securifi so can try another one or two...)

LGNilsson

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2014, 01:55:07 am »
Wow, I'm really surprised, as I've been using these for months at home with no problem.
What firmware are you using?

Offline elav

• Backer
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 01:40:42 am »
Lars,

Thanks for the support so far.  I'm on release AP2-R066...  I reset the router and removed all of my paired sensors.  I then added 2 window sensors and they both operate the same way (on the Almond+ screen and on the iPhone app).   They both say open when sensors are closed and when I open the switch (remove the magnet) the tampered notfication is added.  It never says closed and I have to dismiss the "tampered" notification for it to reset (otherwise it says in this state).  I just assumed this was all that has been developed so far.  I have a bunch of screen captures from my iPhone and pictures of the Almond screen I can send you.  BTW, one of the window/door sensors I received is faulty (only powers on for a second then seems to shut off).  I've tried different batteries but it seems the sensor is faulty.  I'm going to test all 8 window/door sensors plus the motion sensor I purchased from Securifi and report back (but that is a completely separate issue).  Lars, how can I send you the pictures I have of the behavior I'm seeing?

LGNilsson

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 06:36:47 am »
You can just attach the pictures here in the forum (Attachments and other options below the text window).

That's really quite strange, as we haven't had many faulty sensors and you seem to have ended up with a bunch.

Offline elav

• Backer
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 03:59:03 pm »
As you can see, the status is always "open" but the tampered shows up when open (you have to manually dismiss the tampered state).  The first image and 3rd image the sensors are closed.  Only when it displays tampered did I open the sensor.  Once in the "tampered" state, it won't reset unless I dismiss the tampered state.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 04:00:45 pm by elav »

Offline elav

• Backer
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 05:26:21 pm »
Here is the view from the Almond+ screen.  The second screen shot shows when the sensor is closed.  Third image is when the sensor is open.

Offline elav

• Backer
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2014, 09:11:01 pm »
    Lars,

With my Almond+ I ordered 1 motion detector, 8 window/door sensors and 2 key FOBs.  I don't know how to test the key FOBs (is this possible at this point?) but I tested the 1 motion detector and the 8 window/door sensors.  Here are the results:
    • Motion Detector - it connected fine and the very first time it sensed motion, the tamper came on.  I dismissed the "tamper" and it detects/reports motion ok.  I played with the tamper switch in the back of the unit and that worked perfectly too.
    • 4 of the window/door sensors the green light comes on briefly when I add the battery but it won't connect.  When I press the sync button, the green light doesn't come back on.  If I remove the battery and place it back in, the green light doesn't come on at all.  If I remove the battery, wait 2 minutes and plug the battery back in, the green light comes on briefly but it still won't sync.  I've tried a known good battery and behavior is the same on all 4 of these units.  UPDATE - based on the instructions I will try and have these sensors "leave" and will then try and have them rejoin.
    • 4 of the window/door sensors will connect, but always show "open" as the state.  If I open the connection the tamper comes on and this will work consistently if I reset the tamper warning, but it always displays open.  UPDATE - I just discovered that this is the behavior if you leave the battery door off and the tamper button isn't depressed.  For some reason it always shows "open" and the tamper is activated when you remove the magnet.  Pressing the tamper switch in the window/door sensor fixed this issue!

I have the following questions...
    • Is there any way to test the key FOBs at this time?  If so, how?

Once again, thanks for the incredible support!  I just thought that the behavior I was seeing was "normal" and you just hadn't implemented the functionality yet.  I'm glad the Almond+ firmware is a lot more functional than what I'm seeing!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:56:26 pm by elav »

LGNilsson

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2014, 03:07:51 am »
To reset the sensors, please see - http://wiki.securifi.com/index.php?title=How_to_add_Securifi_ZigBee_sensors_-_Almond%2B_2014#Resetting_a_sensor

It looks like you've solved the rest of the problems and apologies if that wasn't quite clear from the instructions, I'll make sure I extend that section to make it clear.

The key fobs, yes, you can test them, add them to the Almond+ by following the included instructions, then go to Connected Sensors in the LCD, open the key fob and start pressing the buttons and you'll see it changing between different states.

We have notifications and basic automation coming in the next 2-3 weeks, it's just taken a lot longer than we'd hoped for, but we've been testing notifications internally for a little while now and we'll start testing the automation this week.

Offline Automate

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2014, 08:32:39 am »
For the Key Fob don't follow the included instructions follow the ones here http://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,1500.msg6177.html#msg6177

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 25 queries.