bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: I Think that my almond+ dies after 2 days of use ....  (Read 4051 times)

Offline leserrao

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
I Think that my almond+ dies after 2 days of use ....
« on: October 25, 2014, 04:21:36 pm »
Good afternoon. I live in Brazil and received my almond + 3 days ago. I updated it to the latest firmware (R066) and was using normally until this morning. No more sign of the router on my smartphone. I went to see what had happened and saw that the screen was even stuck with the words securifi with a white background. I tried a hard reset with the stylus, pressing for 5 seconds as explained in the faq site, but still stuck on the same screen. After about five minutes the router restarts and begins the process again and again. The only way to reset is to disconnect from the outlet. As he does not leave the home screen I do not have access to the web version through the ip 10.10.10.254. I do not know what else I can do. I request a response from suport the earliest ... Thanks

Offline Automate

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: I Think that my almond+ dies after 2 days of use ....
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 06:08:53 pm »
Try disconnecting all Ethernet cables from the router and then cycle power to the router.

Offline leserrao

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 06:21:53 pm »
only the power cord is connected to the router

I believe the problem is probably in the firmware . It is as if the part responsible  for initiating the system was corrupted and stay in an eternal loop .
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 07:47:23 pm by leserrao »

Offline leserrao

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 09:20:03 am »
At least someone of the securifi staff read my comment ??? I'm waiting a repply ...........

Offline eldaria

• Kickstarter Developer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 10:19:55 am »
So it was working for 3 days, and now it keeps on hanging on start?

Could you try and Factory Reset it?
Push the stylus on the small reset button on top, and hold it for some time, 15-20 seconds should be enough. (Not sure how long you need for a complete reset, I usually count slowly to 20. ;-)

It should then reboot and you should get to the initial settings.

See if that helps, if you after this still directly get stuck on boot, I would recommend you contact support as you might have a defect unit.
If you can boot, and configure the router, let us know if you again get trouble after a few days, as there might be something else going on.

LGNilsson

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 10:58:49 am »
It's going to be tricky doing a replacement to Brazil, as we had enough of a problem getting things shipped there the first time, but please email [suspicious]support@securifi.com[/suspicious] and we'll do our best to get this sorted out.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.