bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Wireless Bridge?  (Read 4984 times)

Offline outbackrob

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Wireless Bridge?
« on: August 24, 2015, 02:51:27 pm »
Was using an ASUS ASUS RT-AC66U as wireless bridge to my Almond+.    Using it to attach some wired machines in a location that would be really hard to wire.  Got great speeds and connectivity with the ASUS and did not have to display an SSID from it.

Want to do the same thing but with another Almond+.   I can't seem to figure out how to set up the connection.  It won't let me set up an AP without an internet connection plugged in.  In Extender mode, I can accomplish something similar, but I have to broadcast an SSID from the Almond+. ....and the connectivity is much slower than with the ASUS.   Obviously I am doing something wrong....

Don't want to go back to the ASUS cause then I won't have a need for my 2nd Almond+!!

How does one set up a wireless bridge with an  Almond+?

Rob

Offline Rahaman

• Securifi Staff
Re: Wireless Bridge?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 04:16:37 am »
Yes!!!! there is a way to do that.
---> First you have to configure your A+  as RE mode, and you know how to do it....  :) :)
---> After that Go to Local WEB UI of your A+.
---> (Suppose you configured your A+ as 5GHz RE) Then click on Wireless 5GHz tile from WEB UI.
---> Then you will see Interface Configuration Part at the bottom side of the page, select Repeater Settings from there.
---> Uncheck Repeater in bridge mode option.
---> Click on Save.
Thats it ,,,!! Now your A+ will work as wireless Bridge.

Note:- From WEB UI you can not EDIT Anything related LAN and WAN. But from OpenWRT you can, also from LCD UI you can Edit the LAN segment from Status App.The Mode name will appear as <NOTAG> in Status App.

Offline danielnash

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 07:11:30 am »
Jasco has finally made a collection of Z-wave switches in the older "toggle" style, part numbers starting with 457x ('x' is part of the number, not a placeholder). Has anyone tried them? Can we assume since the 4571* and 4570* series "decora" style switches and outlets work, these will too?

UK Phone Systems | IT Company | WordPress Development | IP Camera Installation | Air Freight from London

Offline outbackrob

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 07:26:09 pm »
Yes!!!! there is a way to do that.
---> First you have to configure your A+  as RE mode, and you know how to do it....  :) :)
---> After that Go to Local WEB UI of your A+.
---> (Suppose you configured your A+ as 5GHz RE) Then click on Wireless 5GHz tile from WEB UI.
---> Then you will see Interface Configuration Part at the bottom side of the page, select Repeater Settings from there.
---> Uncheck Repeater in bridge mode option.
---> Click on Save.
Thats it ,,,!! Now your A+ will work as wireless Bridge.

Note:- From WEB UI you can not EDIT Anything related LAN and WAN. But from OpenWRT you can, also from LCD UI you can Edit the LAN segment from Status App.The Mode name will appear as <NOTAG> in Status App.

UNcheck "Repeater in bridge mode"?

Rob
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 07:43:33 pm by outbackrob »

Offline Rahaman

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 12:46:43 am »
UNcheck "Repeater in bridge mode"?

Rob

Yes....!! That option will be checked (Selected) when it is in RE mode. You have to Uncheck that option to get rid of Repeater Mode and use as Wireless Bridge. 
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 01:00:18 am by Rahaman »

Offline hengjohn

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 05:23:34 pm »
Hi there,

Just wanted a clarification - so does the Almond+ work either as a Repeater/Extender or a Wireless bridge but not both?? I guess my question is whether we can get the LAN ports to work while it is in Repeater/Extender mode - so that both wired and wireless clients can connect to it.  I'm guessing no, from your answer and the configuration setting on that page (which you are pointing to in your replies).

Finally, if the answer to my question is 'No', can you look into having enabling this in future?  Thanks!

Cheers
John

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 09:59:33 am »
@ hengjohn,

LAN ports are always enabled in all modes.

Offline hengjohn

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 12:46:02 am »
Thanks for the prompt reply, Ashok. 

I'll go check the connections and the cables again. It wasn't working for me previously but at least now I've got confirmation from you that they should work.

Cheers
John

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck