Choose style:

Author Topic: Lock the weather screen?  (Read 3136 times)

Offline steve

• Acorn
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Lock the weather screen?
« on: May 06, 2014, 10:23:03 am »
I'm new to the Almond. We are using it to provide wireless Internet to our guests when in our lobby. I would like to display the weather, but I would also like to lock the screen so that our guests can't fiddle with the settings. Is that possible? So far, it seems like the options are to display the weather (or time) or lock the screen, in which case a blank screen is displayed. Am I missing something?

Offline Patrick Wilson

• Cashew
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Lock the weather screen?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 09:12:35 pm »
I'm new to the Almond. We are using it to provide wireless Internet to our guests when in our lobby. I would like to display the weather, but I would also like to lock the screen so that our guests can't fiddle with the settings. Is that possible? So far, it seems like the options are to display the weather (or time) or lock the screen, in which case a blank screen is displayed. Am I missing something?

Your observations are accurate.  There is presently no means of locking the Weather or Time screens to prevent tampering.

I believe our Software Team is working on a solution for this,  which will likely appear in a future Firmware upgrade.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 10:23:25 pm by Patrick Wilson »
Patrick Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada

Offline steve

• Acorn
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Lock the weather screen?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 08:06:59 am »
Ok - thank you!

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.