Choose style:

Author Topic: Supported Thermostats?  (Read 9875 times)

Offline dbuttke

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Supported Thermostats?
« on: May 17, 2014, 02:35:55 pm »
 I saw that the 2gig ones were supported, but they have a few bad reviews and I really don't like the look of them.
The trane z-wave thermostat is popular and I was wondering if that or the Honeywell z-wave would work with Almond+.
Any Devs that already have units get either one of these thermostats working??

LGNilsson

Re: Supported Thermostats?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 10:18:17 pm »
One of our developers has a Trane and says it works just fine You can find a more extensive sensor list here http://wiki.securifi.com/index.php?title=List_of_compatible_sensors_-_Almond%2B_2014 that includes sensors we haven't verified.

Offline amitmishra4

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 04:59:24 pm »
What about the Nest? I am sure you have clarified this on Kickstarter somewhere but its helpful to have a record here for other seekers.

Amit

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 11:04:49 pm »
We're still waiting for their API as far as I know, since they were supposed to release it, but apparently haven't as yet.

Offline jonfl1

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 11:18:43 am »
I've been sporadically researching smart thermostats for awhile now in preparation for the arrival of my Almond+, but it's just a shame that there doesn't seem to be a single good standout option among the US Z-wave-enabled thermostats that are commercially available. The Trane unit, for instance, seems to have generally poor to mixed reviews.

Has anyone found a particular z-wave thermostat yet that they would fully recommend, or that consistently reviews well?

Offline carter627

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 07:44:31 pm »
So, way back when I backed this project on KS, I purchased and installed a Trane TZEMT400BB32MAA thermostat on the basis of it being Z-Wave enabled.  I received my Almond+ today.  Went through the setup, turned on Z-Wave on the thermostat, and confirmed on the router that it was added.  The Android app shows that my thermostat is not supported, and even though it's recognized on the router itself I can't adjust the settings.  Am I really SOL here?  I assumed (I know, shame on me) that this would work with any Z-Wave enabled device.  Is that not the case?

LGNilsson

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 10:07:42 pm »
No, you're not SOL, what we'll do is that we'll get one ordered and we'll add support for it.
It might take a little time for us to get support added, but we'll get it done.
Apart from locks, thermostats are some of the most complex devices when it comes to adding support for them due to the many variables and although we have support for thermostats, it clearly doesn't work with all models as you've sadly experienced. One of our developers has a TZEMT400BB3NX which apparently works, so it's strange that your one doesn't work, as they don't appear that different.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 10:11:00 pm by Lars »

LGNilsson

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 10:12:29 pm »
Has anyone found a particular z-wave thermostat yet that they would fully recommend, or that consistently reviews well?

See http://wiki.securifi.com/index.php?title=List_of_compatible_sensors_-_Almond%2B_2014 for a list of devices we've tested so far. Not that much choice for thermostats yet, but we have a few more coming.

Offline carter627

• Backer
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 09:17:29 am »
No, you're not SOL, what we'll do is that we'll get one ordered and we'll add support for it.
It might take a little time for us to get support added, but we'll get it done.
Apart from locks, thermostats are some of the most complex devices when it comes to adding support for them due to the many variables and although we have support for thermostats, it clearly doesn't work with all models as you've sadly experienced. One of our developers has a TZEMT400BB3NX which apparently works, so it's strange that your one doesn't work, as they don't appear that different.

I appreciate the reply.  Is there a better/preferred format for submitting device support requests?

LGNilsson

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 10:09:57 am »
Not at the moment, but I'll take it up with the team.
We're more or less just adding support for what we can.
We've had some requests from our beta/dev backers and we've added support for a few of those things, although it's not quite full support for some of those devices as yet.
That said, this is one of the things we'll be putting more focus on now.

Offline Bxb415

• Backer
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2014, 10:08:44 am »
I can second that my Trane thermostat looks good on the almond+ itself, but just shows up unsupported on the Android app...

Similarly the light dimmers throughout my whole house are unsupported, unfortunately. They just show up as as controllable on the almond plus (can query and set value) but unsupported on the Android app. They are Leviton Vizia RF+ dimmers.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 10:48:07 am by Bxb415 »

LGNilsson

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2014, 11:31:27 am »
We've just got a bunch of Leviton dimmers, so I guess they're a little bit too new to have full support yet, but I'll bring all of this to the attention of the app developer.

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck