Choose style:

Author Topic: Daily guest passwords  (Read 3597 times)

Offline adsingl

• Acorn
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Daily guest passwords
« on: June 04, 2014, 12:16:24 pm »
I split this topic out as it was unrelated to the original post

Not sure I completely understand the OP's use case, but I like the idea of a daily generated WPA passcode (probably in addition to the normal one) and a UI "button" that would do two things:  1.  enable the SSID to show for a short period (help low skill users and prevent typos by guests), and 2.  capture that mac address and learn it for future entry (in the event they hose the profile on their device between visits).   
Other nice to haves in the future would be 3.  send an email of the daily code to an admin or receptionist.   4.a.  A simple management interface where said receptionist could type in the name and company of any visitor being permed in that day.   b.  a monthly log (generated then sent/stored elsewhere for memory management) or ad hoc report of name, company, first access date, last access date.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 12:18:48 am by adsingl »

LGNilsson

Re: Daily guest passwords
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 02:51:47 pm »
Sorry, missed this post.

It might be something we can do in the future, but as for now, it'll be a static password that you can change yourself.

Keep in mind that the Almond+ was never really intended as a business product, so this was not a use case we ever considered.

Offline eldaria

• Kickstarter Developer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Daily guest passwords
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 04:18:59 pm »
Since the router has OpenWRT you can do a lot of things. ;-)
Note though that not all packages are availble for the Almond+ yet so not everything OpenWRT works.

A quick search gave me this, although I have not tested it, I suppose this could get you started on this function.
http://bergs.biz/blog/2014/02/15/openwrt-easy-and-secure-guest-wlan-access/

On this page there is an example of using an Radius server.
http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/wireless/encryption

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck