Choose style:

Author Topic: USB Port on Almond+  (Read 19625 times)

Offline joltdude

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: USB Port on Almond+
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2014, 08:28:25 am »
I'm looking at a sher. ly cloud box..  Pi was a tad too slow,  and something bothered me about the pogo plug...  The specs seemed to be slightly underpowered...  Other device s were the transporter by the drobo people and Tonido plug which hardware isn't supported anymore...

Offline joltdude

• Backer
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2014, 08:30:13 am »
I'd love to do fallover /load balancing using a USB connected cell connection.. Like a fob or Hotspot that plugs into usb

Offline pete

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2014, 08:26:47 am »
Yup here doing that with my PFSense firewall now running with a quad core Intel and 8 Gb NICs.

The OpenWRT modem stuff is well documented.  That said though wireless 3G/4G transports are much overly subscribed and it is wireless.

Just this past weekend my son and I were comparing my broadband ISP versus wireless 4G ISP connectivity.

Locally here there has been a push of sorts for wireless 4G ISP connectivity.  It is better than satellite.  The "sell" is fast speeds; but mostly that lasts only for a month or two for the quick sale; then slows way down. 

One issue he noted to me was that he can stream stuff like Netflix; but if someone else in the house uses the 4G ISP connection then the stream staggers and flickers. 
[img width= height= alt=" width="250" height="52" class="bbc_img resized]http://forum.securifi.com/Themes/Firox_multicolor_by_SMFSimple/images/logo.png[/img]
Pete
Lockport, IL  USA

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 16 queries.

bottleneck