bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond can't obtain IP from ubee router  (Read 5044 times)

Offline Pegleg55

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Almond can't obtain IP from ubee router
« on: June 17, 2014, 02:53:09 pm »
I have a friend that is having problems using his Almond as a range extender.  I got everything set up for him awhile back and it was working fine.  He then upgraded his internet and he got a new wireless cable modem from his ISP (he was using a separate wifi router before that).  I walked him through the steps and he couldn't get it to work.  When I wen't over to take a look, everything should be fine.  Other devices can connect to the wireless router, the Almond can see the network, but when the Almond goes to set itself up as a range extender, it fails to obtain an IP address.

The ubee router model is DDW365.  I haven't gone over yet to log into the router settings and see if there is some kind of issue yet.  Any idea why it is not working and what I may need to check?

Additional notes:  The Almond works fine, I tried it out on my network.  Yes, I have done a reset and checked for firmware updates.

LGNilsson

Re: Almond can't obtain IP from ubee router
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 03:32:14 am »
Can you please get in touch with our support team so we can look into this in detail? We're doing our best to make sure that the Almond is compatible with as many routers as possible in the market, but sadly it's near impossible for us to be compatible with every single product out there. As such it would be good if they had this brought to their attention so our software team can get hold of one and make sure we're compatible. You can find details on how to contact our support team here - http://securifi.com/support
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 05:16:24 am by eldaria »

Offline jimlynnjulian

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Almond can't obtain IP from ubee router
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 12:24:16 pm »
Hi,

I have ordered an Almond from eBay and will be using it to setup an iPad without a PC.
My ISP cable modem is the DDM352 from "ubee."

Are there any issues I should be aware of when I set the Almond up?

I will be using an Apple iPad 3 w/Verizon 4g/LTE on a 30Mbps cable internet connection with the above mentioned modem. I anticipate using the modem for WAP, then eventually, as an extender with a DD-WRT router. I read the software allows increasing the transmitter power of the router.

Any advice before I receive the unit would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim J.

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 17 queries.

bottleneck