Choose style:

Author Topic: Manual PDF  (Read 6439 times)

Offline Gaspode

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Manual PDF
« on: June 27, 2014, 03:13:42 am »
Hi

As the A+'s supposed to be shipping this week - is there a link available for the documentation to readup on in advance ?

Many thanks

J.

LGNilsson

Re: Manual PDF
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 04:37:51 am »
Not as such, but please check the Wiki, it contains what documentation is available at this point in time.
We'll be updating it with more details over the next month so we can cover all the features of the Almond+.

Offline Gaspode

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 12:46:11 pm »
OK - Will do.

I've been chatting to the guys at Vitrum - one thing they asked was if the Zwave is single channel or multi channel (http://www.vitrumuk.co.uk/vitrum-shop/) as we were trying to work out if their switches were likely to work or not on Z wave. Any ideas ?

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 12:52:57 pm »
Never heard of such a thing. For the EU models we're using the 300-series chipset, as we were unable to get the 500-series on time, especially if we were to do the certification (there are three certifications now). It's standard Z-Wave as per the Z-Wave standard, but if they want to send us a sample, we'll make sure it works.

LGNilsson

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 12:57:56 pm »
Right, had a quick read on what it is and I can't say for sure that we support it. It shouldn't be impossible to add support for it though, but we'd really need one of their switches to verify that it works properly.

LGNilsson

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 01:07:41 pm »
Checked with the software team, apparently we have support for multi-channel devices, but as I said, we'd have to get hold of one of their switches to be able to guarantee support, as most Z-Wave devices have manufacturer specific registers which we need to make sure works with the Almond+ or we can't guarantee it works as intended. So in as much as there's a 98% chance that their light switches will connect to the Almond+, I'm not sure if we can interact with them.

Offline Gaspode

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 04:49:50 pm »
Thanks Lars - Thats good enough.

The chap I spoke to there (Ivan) was also interested in the A+ as a device as well so you might want to drop them a line - his email is just ivan @ the domain above.

LGNilsson

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 04:34:10 am »
Thanks, I'll send him an email.

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck