bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Static Routing Help  (Read 4046 times)

Offline sawild

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Static Routing Help
« on: June 30, 2014, 09:58:27 pm »
I'm not a developer or IT expert. Thought I should start with that before I get to my question.

My apple TV is hardwired. As is my Almond Router. With my last router (set-up by an AV guy) with my phone on wifi, I was able to control my apple tv despite it being connected by ethernet.

I'm assuming, that I can re-enable this option by creating a static routing rule. However, I cannot for the life of me get it to work.

My Apple TV is connected to IP 10.0.1.3, Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0, Router 10.0.1.1

When I input that in static routing I get the "Netmask and Route Address Conflict" error.

Help!

Offline pete

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Static Routing Help
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 08:34:28 am »
I am not familiar with an Apple TV box. 

What is the IP of the Apple TV? (Is it configured for a static or DHCP address?)
[img width= height= alt=" width="250" height="52" class="bbc_img resized]http://forum.securifi.com/Themes/Firox_multicolor_by_SMFSimple/images/logo.png[/img]
Pete
Lockport, IL  USA

Offline sawild

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 11:36:55 am »
It's currently using DHCP. But I could change it to a static IP.

Offline pete

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 11:37:41 am »
Here initially updated the Almond with most current firmware and installed it on one interface on the firewall that I am using; IE: PFSense.

Added the Avahi service to the firewall.  Note too that I previously had mentioned that I do not have an Apple TV box here.  I do have Apple products here but they are not utilized.

Avahi is a free zero-configuration networking (zeroconf) implementation, including a system for multicast DNS/DNS-SD service discovery. It is licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL).

Avahi allows programs to publish and discover services and hosts running on a local network. For example, a user can plug their computer into a network and Avahi automatically finds printers to print to, files to look at and people to talk to, as well as advertising the network services running on the machine.

The Almond is now connecting fine to the internet.

I'm assuming, that I can re-enable this option by creating a static routing rule. However, I cannot for the life of me get it to work.

Personally I do not think that you need to add a static routing rule for your Apple TV.

It would be beneficial though if you assigned a static IP to your Apple TV.

Let us review your configuration.  Please post your configuration screens from the web gui.

1 - Is the Almond your primary interface to the internet?
2 - how many wired devices do you have on your network?
3 - how many wireless devices do you have on your network?

« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 02:31:55 pm by pete »
[img width= height= alt=" width="250" height="52" class="bbc_img resized]http://forum.securifi.com/Themes/Firox_multicolor_by_SMFSimple/images/logo.png[/img]
Pete
Lockport, IL  USA

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck