Choose style:

Author Topic: Internet Disconnected for Access Point  (Read 3755 times)

Offline PeteyAllen

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Internet Disconnected for Access Point
« on: July 02, 2014, 07:57:20 pm »
So I am trying to use my Almond as a access point while having it wired into my original router. It tells me it the internet is disconnected on the status screen and that it has no IP address. I haven't see a problem similar so if anyone could help it would be nice.  The almond works wirelessly as well which is the confusing part.
EDIT: Apparently it works if I plug it into one of the LAN or black ports now. Grey port is dead I guess?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 10:53:24 pm by PeteyAllen »

Essoh

Re: Internet Disconnected for Access Point
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 01:13:40 pm »
There are few things that must be checked in this kind of issue:
1. we have to be sure that the cable used to connect to the white port of almond, gives internet when it is connected directly to a computer
2. we must also check if there is a green light on the white port of almond when connected to the cable

If all these are OK, then we have 3 other steps to try:
3. We have to turn off almond and the main router and wait for 1 minute and turn on the main router first and then almond
4. almond must be hard reset-ted by pushing and holding the small button above the power cord. Then we have to reconnect it as access point
5. you can also update the software of almond to Al1-r199-L301-w33 by typing the software update icon in the 2nd page of the LCD screen while almond is connected to internet (in mode or range extender mode)

Hope these will help...
Otherwise, you can email support with a phone number to reach you or you can call them too.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 01:15:26 pm by Essoh »

Offline PeteyAllen

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 09:14:09 pm »
So nothing is able to stay plugged into the grey port without getting the message of internet disconnected. The cables seem to work fine out of the black ports. I'm still not sure what the issue is but it seems to be something with the grey port. Green lights do come on if the cable is plugged in but they seem to be very slow and inconsistent.
EDIT: It appears the port might be dead or at least have a loose connection. Reset the RAM and factory reset device and plugged in ethernet cord. Green light only came on sometimes and never provided a connection it seemed.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 12:56:59 am by PeteyAllen »

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 07:26:19 am »
Please contact the support team and they'll get an replacement unit arrange for you - http://www.securifi.com/support

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 24 queries.