Choose style:

Author Topic: Crashed after software upgrade  (Read 4892 times)

Offline adriusprime

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Crashed after software upgrade
« on: August 13, 2013, 12:27:25 am »
I just got this wifi extender, came home and had it all set up in minutes- super excited! I started flipping through the menus and checked out software upgrade. Upgrade found. I let it do it's thing, and after it rebooted, it stalled on the "securifi" screen. It was here for longer than 10 minutes so what now? After about 20 minutes, I decided to unplug it and try again. Still stalled. Tried a factory reset and nothing. What can I do. I've had this for about 2 hours and it's stuck at securifi :(

LGNilsson

Re: Crashed after software upgrade
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 01:46:43 am »
Sorry to hear about your problems, it sounds like something went wrong during the software upgrade.
This is extremely rare and the only solution I can offer is to get in touch with our support team so they can arrange for a replacement unit for you.
Please see http://www.securifi.com/support for means of how to get in touch with them.

If you know your way around routers, then there's a way to flash the Almond via TFTP using a serial cable, but it requires a bit of know how and it's not something I'd recommend unless you know what you're doing.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 01:49:19 am by Lars »

Offline anwar.shiekh

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 03:26:42 pm »
How might I obtain the details of updating over the serial interface using TFTP

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 08:10:57 pm »
This thread is pretty old so you may have better luck contacting Securifi Support. Good luck!

Offline anwar.shiekh

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 08:07:33 am »
Good point, and I have just done that.

Tech support is simply amazing; when I accidently upgraded my Almond A1A with Almond firmware (I know, it should not have let me), they helped me with unbricking the unit. Service above and beyond the call of duty.

One needs an UART (Universal asynchronous receiver/transmitter) to connect directly to the internal serial port, so it is not for the faint of heart.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 10:46:14 pm by anwar.shiekh »

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 21 queries.