bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: 5 GHz network not working on iOS device  (Read 23698 times)

Offline obelix74

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: 5 GHz network not working on iOS device
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2014, 12:42:18 pm »
I am having the same problem with all my macs as well as my iphones.  The 5Ghz network doesn't work (no connection to the internet).  The 2.4GHz network works fine.  Any suggestions to fix this?

LGNilsson

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2014, 03:24:37 am »
No, no suggestions apart from trying to change from 80 to 40MHz channel width in the advanced settings under Wireless Settings in the LCD UI. That seems to help in some cases.
We're working on fixing this in firmware and we should have a beta release in a couple of weeks if all goes well.

Offline takisot

• Backer
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2014, 05:51:20 am »
I also have similar issue with iphone 5s and ipad air.

I would connect to my 5G wifi hotspot (I setup seperate name for 5G and 2.4G) and it would work fine..

After a while, I'll turn on my device and try to use and get no internet.. I'm still connected to the 5G wifi.. I would have to disable my wifi, wait  a few second, and reenable it for it to work..

Happened every time like clockworks :(

Same problem here. When the iPhone 5s connects at first to 5GHz it works fine. If I do not use it for some time, the next time, although it remains to the 5GHz, it loses internet connectivity. If I toggle the wifi off and the on on the iPhone, the internet works fine. No problems so far, with 2.4Ghz.

Offline joltdude

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2014, 08:40:21 am »
One thing folks should try, as well as a full reset and reconfiguration of the Almond+ after successfully updating the firmware... DELETE the wifi profile(s) for the Almond + on the IOS device......  do a full reboot (as in.. power off the IOS device and power it back on), then reconnect the ios device to the Almond (recreate the wireless profile)... Theres still some issues with the Almonds Wifi driver but theres also issues with WIFI switching on the IOS devices...

Offline fortyfoursunsets

• Backer
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2014, 07:12:44 am »
fwiw, no issues with the ipad Mini, both wifis enabled (5 as well as 2 ghz) but with different SSIDs  and the beta/dev unit for > 1 month daily useage.

I have only the 5GHz wifi enabled and my Almond+ works perfectly for all my devices -- iPhone 5s, iPad mini Retina, mid-2010 27" iMac, Apple TV Gen 3.

Is there any point in running the 2.4GHz wifi as well? I have it disabled at the moment.

Offline reedog117

• Backer
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2014, 05:22:00 pm »
Just some food for thought, 2.4Ghz penetrates further than 5Ghz so if you're walking into WiFi coverage from somewhere else, your device is likely to see the 2.4Ghz network first and connect to that instead of 5Ghz.

In addition, it seems that iOS devices scan 2.4Ghz first before 5Ghz.  An easy way to test this is to go into settings and then turn off WiFi.  Then turn on Wifi.  You'll see all the 2.4Ghz APs pop up first, then a few seconds later the 5Ghz ones will show up.  That's why iOS devices tend to favor 2.4Ghz APs over 5Ghz, especially if you have both setup on your device.

Offline knightza

• Backer
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2014, 04:36:52 am »
My iPhone 5 doesn't like almond+ too much either. I bought almond+ to boost the signal inside my room but so far it has made it worse. The internet through almond is very slow also. Please fix this in the next update.

Offline vince1612

• Backer
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2014, 06:21:57 pm »
I am using the Almond+ in my dad's restaurant and we have had the same problem, some customers, not all were not able to use our WiFi effectively if it was set to 5GHz, so we only enable 2.4GHz for them for the moment.

I hope that the next update with new drivers will solve the issue.

Offline whowhatwhere

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2015, 11:48:33 am »
I'm still having this issue - a year later.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2015, 02:05:07 pm »
@ whowhatwhere,

Could you please verify whether you got the latest firmware R080 and also, did you try changing the channels?

Offline Inimical

• Backer
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2015, 10:31:58 pm »
@ whowhatwhere,

Could you please verify whether you got the latest firmware R080 and also, did you try changing the channels?

still happening to me, on latest firmware and changed channel.

Offline PaulRedBeardedOne

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2018, 09:57:59 am »
Though my household is not a pure IOS house, I see this occur. Your support desk doesn't seem to be aware of the issue. When I get home I will confirm firmware version.

Offline cff

• Backer
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2018, 07:54:42 pm »
5 Ghz has been pretty terrible for iOS devices for me through every (release and beta) firmware version since the A+ was released. It still is, unfortunately. At this point, I don't ever expect it to get better.

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck