bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Using DHCP Reservations  (Read 3843 times)

Offline rictorg

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Using DHCP Reservations
« on: July 11, 2014, 08:57:47 pm »
Team and fellow backers-

Love the new router and can't wait for the software to continue to develop.  Mine came in the mail today and I swapped it out with my old router.  However, one feature I'm missing is DHCP Reservations.  Are these available with the Almond+ yet, and if so, how do I add them?

LGNilsson

Re: Using DHCP Reservations
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 11:09:40 pm »
It's available, but we haven't put it in NutsOS as yet.
You have to log in to the web UI, then go to Advanced, followed by OpenWRT.
You'll be asked to log in again, then click on Network followed by DHCP and DNS.
At the bottom of that screen you can set up static leases.

Offline rictorg

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 07:37:45 am »
Does this imply that on the router side of the house that the NutsOS is simply a GUI for the OpenWRT implementation?  I was under the impression that it was a one or the other sort of thing.

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 08:09:09 am »
It's more than just a GUI for OpenWRT, as it contains a lot of features that OpenWRT doesn't have and over time it'll have more an more unique features compared to OpenWRT.
Some parts are shared, but other parts are unique to NutsOS. It doesn't make sense for us to write an entire OS from scratch, as it's a monumental task to do.
The two work in parallel, but we're not actively working on developing the OpenWRT GUI, it's provided as is. We're of course doing things to the underlying code, but this won't be all that obvious to most users.
Keep in mind that the LCD UI is also interacting with both of the graphical UI's, so technically we have three different UI's talking to the same code base, but they have slightly different feature sets.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 08:13:56 am by Lars »

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck