Choose style:

Author Topic: Help please with Schlage FE599 Zwave lock  (Read 35660 times)

Offline johnyeros

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Help please with Schlage FE599 Zwave lock
« on: July 12, 2014, 01:23:29 am »
I have one of these Schlage FE599 z-Wave lock..
Manual: http://www.smarthome.com/manuals/51204-man.pdf

I tried to pair it. I found instruction to pair as:

Press SCHLAGE Button
Enter programming code
WAIT for 3 beep/blink
Press SCHLAGE button
Press 0

The lock goes into pairing mode as the SCHLAGE logo light up orange and stays there.. But the almond+ can't find it. I literally brought the router next to the lock.. The first time I did it, it seems like it found it but then it just stays there trying to pair... but it never work. And now I can't seems to get it to work at all. Please help

LGNilsson

Re: Help please with Schlage FE599 Zwave lock
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 01:58:30 am »
Can you try to remove the lock and then re-add it to see if this changes anything.
Sometimes Z-Wave devices seem to have be removed once before they can be added and we're not sure why they have this behaviour.
In your case this might be even more true, since you say it seemed like it found it the first time, so something might've gone a bit wrong in the pairing process.
If that doesn't help, I'll get someone from the software team to try and figure out what's going on.

Offline johnyeros

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 02:11:05 am »
There was sensor on almond+ screen. It was never added. I even replace the 9V battery just to be sure but I test the one inside and it seems to be ok.
I did pick "remove all sensor" from almond+ and that took a while.

It this what you meant?

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 02:28:42 am »
No, that's not what I meant, that clears out all sensors associated with the Almond+.

What you want to do is tap on Add Sensor, then Remove. Now set the lock in remove mode and you should see a message on the LCD that says "Unknown sensor removed" or something along those lines.
Then try to add the lock again.

Offline johnyeros

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 09:20:41 am »
What i meant previously is that there was NO SENSOR on the sensor screen. The process didn't work for me and I didn't have any sensor listed on Almond+ screen. Still no luck. adding it  :(

Offline johnyeros

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 09:57:32 am »
I remove the battery from the Schlage lock and did a factory reset just in case.

After the reset here is what I did.

Almond+ was next to lock, hit add sensor
Hit schlage button
Enter Programming Code
Hit schlage button again
Hit 0
My schlage button flashing red, like it's waiting to pair.. after a while my schlage beep with nothing being pair. The router still searching..

I restart this whole process with doing the search on Almond+ after I put lock in pairing mode .. still nothing.

Also did this process with the door lock and unlock, still not luck..

Has anybody report success with this lock or similar schlage lock yet?

I look at the micasa verde example and I think I haven't missed anything: http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Schlage_Lock#Resetting_a_Schlage_Lock

LGNilsson

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 10:04:44 am »
That fine, but did you try to do a remove first, then add, as per my instructions above?

We've got the lock and the software team has added support for it, as a matter of fact, we ordered it when I was over at CES in January and I could pair the lock back then, it just didn't do anything beyond pairing and being detected as a lock back then. We know it works, so something odd is going on here.
I presume it's a brand new lock that has never been paired to another Z-Wave controller before?

Resetting the lock doesn't reset the Z-Wave module, so that won't help you, hence my instructions above about removing it first, then trying to add it, as this is the only way you can reset the Z-Wave module in the lock.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 10:07:58 am by Lars »

Offline johnyeros

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 11:21:50 am »
Yes it's a brand new lock and i never pair it before.

I understand what you're talking about now.

I tried removing it.

The instruction to set the lock itself to remove is the same as pairing. (let me know if this is correct)

Enter PC, schlage, 0.

I did that but almond didn't found anything to remove either.

Afterward I tried adding it, same problem.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 11:34:58 am by johnyeros »

LGNilsson

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 11:29:17 am »
I understand that, but I think you need to re-read my instructions.

Tap on Add Sensor in the main LCD UI.
Tap on Remove. By doing so, the Almond+ goes into remove sensor mode.
Follow the instructions in the lock manual on how to remove the lock from a gateway.
You should see a message on the LCD saying something like "Unknown sensor removed"

Next tap on add and try to add the lock again.

This may or may not help.

If not, then I'm afraid you'll have to wait until Monday and I'll get someone from the software team to help figure out what's going on.

As a side note, Z-Wave sensors have to be removed this way, as otherwise they're tied to the gateway and can't be used with other gateways.
We've implemented a similar feature to the Vera products, so we can actually reset sensors that have been previously associated with another gateway by following the steps above.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 11:31:35 am by Lars »

Offline johnyeros

• Backer
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 11:36:05 am »
Yes I edited my reply above. Please let  your team know monday. I think i'm doing this right.

LGNilsson

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 11:52:37 am »
Ok, one last question, are you sure the Z-Wave module in the lock is 1. inserted properly and 2. for the same frequency as your Almond+?
These are the only two options I can think of why it shouldn't show up when you try to remove it, unless the module has been damaged somehow and isn't working.

Offline johnyeros

• Backer
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2014, 11:11:28 am »
As I was looking for the information you asked for: I did found out mine was the FE599 model :P. It's the BE369 Model and yes it's the USA version which I assume have the frequency I needed.

LGNilsson

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2014, 12:00:17 pm »
Right. It seems Schalge might clearly enough, do things differently in terms of how they're associated depending on the model of lock, as we have one other backers with problems getting his Schlage lock associated.
If I could get someone from our software team to remote desktop with you to have a look at things, would this be ok with you?

Offline johnyeros

• Backer
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2014, 01:52:58 pm »
Remote desktop to check the almond+ router? Yes that would be fine. What time do you guys work till ? I'm in EST timezone

Offline brianstall

• Backer
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2014, 12:04:35 am »
Hello,
I am curious what the resolution was to this Schlage lock?  I have the BE369.  It shows up as a sensor and I assume I have it paired right because it shows up, but sadly it does nothing.   When I click unlock from the Almond + it shows processing, but goes nowhere.  The app shows unlocked all the time - even when locked and the remote login does show what I have right.  The Ip login shows locked.  Slightly confused I would say.  I understand that this may not be a supported device yet, but johnyeros did say he had that lock.  Any help would be grand.
Thanks for letting me hijack and ask if this has been resolved yet.
Brian

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck