bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: App  (Read 5033 times)

Offline labfm

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
App
« on: August 14, 2013, 01:55:20 pm »
I think most will agree that the UI of the app to control all the home automation goodies will be the most critical piece. Any details on the app yet? Screenshots? Will it be locked or will it be customizable like "Homewave"? Will you allow others to create apps to interact with the almond+ controller (like micasaverde)?

Thanks..

Very excited by almond+

LGNilsson

Re: App
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 11:25:08 pm »
We'll be posting an update on Kickstarter specifically with regards to the mobile app in the not too distant future.
There will be a certain degree of customization, but I don't know what you mean by "locked".
And yes, we'll allow third parties to develop mobile apps for the Almond+.

Offline labfm

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 09:08:18 am »
Sorry. Just re-read what I wrote and it's not clear. I was wondering whether the app would be like:

- roomie remote (UI/buttons/layout/background e.t.c. cannot be edited at all)
- homewave (some customization of backgrounds e.t.c.
- irule/Demopad (complete customization)

In all honesty, I have no preference and I can see the advantages of the different options.

Excited to see the app and glad that 3rd parties can create their own apps.....

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 10:47:04 pm »
As we're working on a few different UI's at the moment to see what works best, I can't really say much more than what I've already offered as to what the final app will be like.
I know we're looking at offering a certain degree of customization when it comes to sorting and naming, as it's something we've noticed a lot of other apps doesn't allow.
We'll be posting an update on Kickstarter once we've settled on the final design to get some feedback from the backers and then we'll make changes based on that feedback.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 17 queries.