bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond+ rejects to connect to the internet!!!!!  (Read 4388 times)

Offline amjoe

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Almond+ rejects to connect to the internet!!!!!
« on: July 12, 2014, 04:10:32 pm »
Folks,

Hope to get some good advice here. I have a Surfboard model and Comcast as my internet service provider. I have 2 other routers that works perfectly fine. Almond+ is just adamant and will not work. Wifi is just fine but does not connect to the internet.

I followed all instructions and I even tried to reset my modem and my almond+ multiple times now. Its amazing I have never spent more than few minutes to set up any of my routers ever, I have tried all things possible the past couple of days, any help would be appreciated.

Here is my setup

1. Surfboard Model SB6120  (there is no reset button, but I have powered down and up multiple times with enough time eg: 1 to 5 mins)
2. I have a Dlink and Belkin router (both wifi) and they just work fine.
3. If I connect the network cable directly from  my model to computer -- works fine
4. Once I connect my almond+ , it says cable not connected
5. I checked to see if the lights blink on activity and it does but is not able to connect to internet
6. Once I connect my almond+ to the cable modem the the "link" lights stops blinking...

What could be this... any advice would be appreciated

Offline mrv777

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Almond+ rejects to connect to the internet!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 04:29:48 pm »
Did you run the internet wizard on the Almond+ and make sure DHCP was selected?
Did you try making sure the cable was connected all the way into the port?  I know I had to push the cable farther after I initially connected everything and than it worked fine.

Offline jmtenny

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 10:06:31 pm »
I had the same issues and ultimately got it working by unplugging both devices and then following these steps... wait a full couple of minutes, plug the modem in, wait for a full boot (all lights lit except Ethernet), then power up the Almond+.

Oh and one other thing I did do because it seemed to help was check "Use Broadcast Flag" in Internet > Advanced Settings prior to unplugging both devices.

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 10:30:42 pm »
This is an issue with cable modems and this is why we provided instructions in the box on how to connect the Almond+ to a cable modem.
As the other guys have pointed out, there are some very specific steps that have to be followed when you connect to a cable modem.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.