Choose style:

Author Topic: Setting DNS in Almond+/Openwrt  (Read 5167 times)

Offline teutonic

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Setting DNS in Almond+/Openwrt
« on: August 12, 2014, 08:00:48 pm »
Hi,

I just received my Almond+ and it was a breeze to setup the basic service.  I have figured out how to set Static Ip's for my machines at home but Is there an easy way to setup up DNS.  My old router I just went to the DNS settings and typed in the ip addresses for the DNS that i wanted to use. Is this possible with the Almond+ or will it be possible in the future.  Doing some research on Openwrt it looks like you have to setup a script or file for the DNS(?)  If that is the case, any help with simple instructions or website that will walk one thru it would be appreciated.

Teutonic

Offline elemecca

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Setting DNS in Almond+/Openwrt
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 08:31:28 pm »
Sorry, it's not entirely clear (at least to me) what specifically you want to change.

If you want your Almond+ to use a DNS server other than the one configured by your ISP, that's configurable in the normal web UI under Router -> Network -> "Use custom DNS Servers".

If you want to add custom DNS names visible to clients that use your Almond+ as a DNS server, you can do that in the OpenWRT web UI. Go to Advanced -> OpenWRT in the normal web UI, then log in again. Choose "Hostnames" from the "Network" menu. Click Add, enter a hostname and IP address, and click Save.

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck