bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: UPS Monitoring  (Read 5733 times)

Offline etijburg

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
UPS Monitoring
« on: August 12, 2013, 11:33:49 pm »
It would be nice to know the state of power in your house and if your running on a battery backup.
Erik

LGNilsson

Re: UPS Monitoring
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 11:43:32 pm »

Offline Patrick Wilson

• Cashew
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 03:35:19 pm »
It would be nice to know the state of power in your house and if your running on a battery backup.

Don't quote me on this,  as I haven't played with an Almond+ yet,  but I believe OpenWRT supports Optware extensions,  especially "opkg",  so you should be able to install "nut" (Network UPS Tools) via Optware,  even if the native Almond+ WebUI/TouchUI doesn't directly support it.

nut_2.4.1-1 is listed as an "opkg" installable utility,  so I sincerely doubt this will be a major challenge. 

Check out: http://www.networkupstools.org/ for more information on "nut"

This should provide full SNMP support.  I believe their are already iOS and Android Apps to remotely manage SNMP right on mobile devices,   so you should be able to monitor your UPS even remotely.  Direct support for OpenWRT and Optware extensions,  is one of the most exciting announcements about the Almond+ as far as I'm concerned,   as this will allow us to extend the capabilities of our Almond+ devices,  even before Securifi does.   With the high-end specs of the Almond+ this product should put the mainstream Router providers to shame.   

Patrick Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada

Offline etijburg

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 01:48:27 pm »
Great ideas guys.  Thanks for the input.
Erik

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck