Choose style:

Author Topic: Homelink to Z-Wave  (Read 12336 times)

Offline tfriedlich

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Homelink to Z-Wave
« on: July 15, 2014, 11:51:32 am »
Does anyone have any experience setting up the Wayne-Dalton WDHA-12R HomeSettings Wireless Gateway with A+? From what I have read, since it is a controller rather than a sensor, it would need to be set up as a sub-controller within the Almond+. Is that even possible? Thanks in advance!

http://www.amazon.com/Wayne-Dalton-WDHA-12R-HomeSettings-Wireless-Gateway/dp/B001HL3CS8

Offline pete

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Homelink to Z-Wave
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 01:58:39 pm »
Welcome to the forum tfiedlich,

Yup the Wyane-Dalton WDHA-12R is a Homelink receiver.  You can send it commands with your Homelink garage door buttons.  IE: I have the Homelink devices in my vehicles.  They all have 3 buttons.

The device is also a Z-Wave transmitter such that you can program it to receive your garage door button Homelink signal and transmit a Z-Wave signal; say to your garage lights or similar.

I do not know that you can set up a sub controller today with the Almond +.  That said I do not think you could pair up the device with the Almond +.

The Homelink unit needs to be trained by programming it with a signal sent by a regular 310MHz X10 RF remote like the HR12A.

The Homelink unit measures the frequency and duration of the pulses, saves the data to memory, and then sends the pulses at the required frequency when you want to control X10 lights and appliances.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 02:01:40 pm by pete »
[img width= height= alt=" width="250" height="52" class="bbc_img resized]http://forum.securifi.com/Themes/Firox_multicolor_by_SMFSimple/images/logo.png[/img]
Pete
Lockport, IL  USA

LGNilsson

Re: Homelink to Z-Wave
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 08:52:55 pm »
According to reviews on Amazon, it can be set up as a scene controller, something we currently don't support, but we're planning on supporting in the near future. So it should technically be possible to support it.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 16 queries.

bottleneck