bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Backer from NJ, USA  (Read 4378 times)

Offline robh5791

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Backer from NJ, USA
« on: July 18, 2014, 06:04:13 am »
I just wanted to say that I received my almond+ last night and only got to mess with it for a bit but it definitely has potential. I was able to set up a door sensor and an outlet sensor in less than a minute each. It actually took longer to put the battery in and mount the door sensor than to connect it. I can't wait until I have an iOS app but I was very surprised to see that I could operate the outlet switch from my iPhone through the connect web app. Definitely looking forward to diving into the router later tonight after work.

LGNilsson

Re: Backer from NJ, USA
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 06:19:42 am »
Glad to hear that you're happy with what we've done so far.
Much more to come.

The iOS app is slightly behind the schedule, but a new internal version was released today and if it's all good, we'll be sending it off to Apple.

In addition to the connect web app, you can also control things from the local web UI of the Almond+, although it doesn't scale quite as well on mobile devices as the connect web app.

Any chance you can share what sensors you have if they're not already in this list? - http://wiki.securifi.com/index.php?title=List_of_compatible_sensors_-_Almond%2B_2014

Offline robh5791

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Backer from NJ, USA
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 12:11:32 am »
Right now I am only using the sensors that Securifi offered through the site for backers. Two outlet sensors and a door sensor at the moment. I am glad to hear that the iOS app is coming along and I hope to be able to get my hands on it soon. I had an older android device I wanted to install the app on but seem to have lost it so my only option is to wait for the iOS app at this point. I can say that I am getting better connectivity on my network since switching from my DSL provider's unit to the Almond+.

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 18 queries.