Choose style:

Author Topic: 3rd Party Apps for iOS & Android  (Read 4677 times)

Offline mrv777

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
3rd Party Apps for iOS & Android
« on: July 22, 2014, 11:02:13 am »
I think it would be great if you allowed 3rd party apps to be developed for iOS and Android to control the Almond+ (especially the Home Automation part).
A perfect example of this is Vera.  Their official app is not the greatest, but there are 3rd party apps that are great (HomeBuddy and AutHomationHD on Android for example).  This would free up some of your resources from developing the apps to working on the router features and computability too.

Just an idea for you  :)

Offline eldaria

• Kickstarter Developer
Re: 3rd Party Apps for iOS & Android
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 11:57:26 am »
Well indirectly this is already possible, although you would need to develop your own cloud system for talking to the router as well as an app on the router to talk to.

I suppose if Securifi also had an API for the cloud servers that would make it a lot easier, or if an app could even interact directly to the Securifi app. I would prefer both to accommodate different setups.

LGNilsson

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 12:14:12 pm »
It might seem like a good idea, but keep in mind that the team members working on the mobile apps are mobile developers and wouldn't be of that much help when it comes to developing the main router software.
On top of that, we'd have to allocate resources to write an API, make sure that only certain data is being shared with the third party apps etc. which would use up even more resources.
We might support this in the future, but it's not going to happen as of right now.

Offline mrv777

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 12:44:33 pm »
It might seem like a good idea, but keep in mind that the team members working on the mobile apps are mobile developers and wouldn't be of that much help when it comes to developing the main router software.
On top of that, we'd have to allocate resources to write an API, make sure that only certain data is being shared with the third party apps etc. which would use up even more resources.
We might support this in the future, but it's not going to happen as of right now.

Thank you for the chiming in and the info.
It is something I would hope you continue to consider in the future though.
A quick follow up question:
Any update or news on the iOS app?

Thank you!

LGNilsson

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 10:07:02 pm »
As far as I'm aware it should be ready to be submit to Apple finally, but I haven't had a firm answer yet.
A new internal version got circulated yesterday, but I don't have any iOS devices.
I'm assuming if no more issues are found, it'll be the one that we'll submit to Apple.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 17 queries.

bottleneck