Choose style:

Author Topic: First Alert Lowes Iris Fire Alarm and CO2  (Read 24568 times)

Offline The19th

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: First alert smoke detector
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2014, 11:56:03 pm »
Please see this thread for more info:

http://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,1263.0.html

LGNilsson

Re: First Alert Lowes Iris Fire Alarm and CO2
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2014, 01:21:17 am »
Topics merged

Offline noneuclidean

• Backer
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2014, 06:49:33 am »
Is there any more news on if the zsmoke works well or not?  I need to buy some new smoke detectors and would like to get these if they work well. 

Offline chad.siegmann

• Backer
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2014, 01:37:18 pm »
Is there any more news on if the zsmoke works well or not?  I need to buy some new smoke detectors and would like to get these if they work well.

Well I can tell you they paired within seconds to the almond+ and have remained connected and reporting their battery life. I have not had any fires or Carbon Monoxide emergencies in my home, but when I do I will let everyone know if I am still alive :-)

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2015, 10:21:49 pm »
Any update on this? I know several firmwares have been posted since this topic started. Just curious if CO part is working yet and what actually happens when triggered. Is it like the door sensors which just show open / closed or what? Thanks!

LGNilsson

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2015, 12:19:40 am »
Right now, nothing much happens. I don't think smoke alarms are integrated into the rules yet, but once they are, the idea would be that you can trigger other sensors.
Also, once the notifications is released, you'll get a push notification on your phone that the smoke alarm has been triggered.

What else would you guys want in terms of features? Not that I'm promising anything here, but it would be good to know what we should consider to do.

Offline eldaria

• Kickstarter Developer
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2015, 08:14:53 am »
Not sure if it is possible with all sensors, but Fibaros can (According to their marketing material) show levels of smoke, so could be used to for example detect if someone is smoking in the house.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2015, 09:04:49 am »
Notifications and as a trigger is the most basic. It would be good if the ecosystem could detect the difference between the CO portion and the Smoke portion of the detector. As a basic comment for notifications, I'd love to see different notifications, so I could setup certain things to trigger a notification that is red (like a smoke alarm) and ones that are blue (door alarm) etc etc etc or something that distinguishes them from a glance so you can quickly see what the issue is. (not an app developer SO I have no idea if that can happen  :P)

Also, I'm not sure it is possible for alarm in the sensor to be triggered as an action as well. For example, if my detector goes off in the basement but I am in bed with the phone on silent, can it trigger the alarm in the detector in my bedroom as well. Thus replacing the need for a separate siren. I don't know that it is possible just an idea.

Also, if the battery status could trigger an alarm as well, so when the battery is down to x% notify me. As far Eldaria reported for the level of smoke, that is undoubtedly based on the detectors' abilities, would certainly be a neat addition. Sounds like a lot of implementation though.

Offline Ohiomedic

• Backer
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2015, 08:05:10 pm »
I'm having a problem with mine. The alarm paired just fine, but when I went and checked the status on the LCD screen it stated smoke detected. I've tried removing and repairing, and rebooting the almond. Checked the detector and it detects smoke when tested. It's been about 5 hours and still states smoke detected. Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this, or is it a bad detector?

Offline Blueiris8

• Backer
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2015, 09:39:47 pm »
I have the Lowes smoke/CO combo, but right now it seems that only the smoke portion is supported as that is all it shows up as.  Also, depending on the UI, some show it as an unsupported device still.

LGNilsson

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2015, 12:44:28 am »
We did get one of the combo ones, but it was sadly damaged in transit when we sent it to our office in India  :-\
We're going to have to get hold of another one, but I don't know when that'll be.

Offline Ohiomedic

• Backer
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2015, 08:28:43 pm »
Just checking since I'm getting different readings on different UI's. On the LCD it says smoke detected, Local web UI states it's OK, connect.securifi  shows a bulls-eye. So it looks like it might just be due to it not being fully supported yet.

LGNilsson

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2015, 07:51:00 am »
Apparently it wasn't as damaged as I was lead to believe to start with, so hopefully they'll be able to improve the functionality of it soon.
As mentioned elsewhere, the focus is still to get the automation etc. done, so it's a bit slow adding new sensors right now.
If a sensor is supported in the LCD UI, it'll get supported across the other UI's over time.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2015, 11:49:58 am »
Excellent news Lars.

Offline pdetorres

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2015, 06:28:29 pm »
The newer first Alerts have voice and location alert and interconnect  with their "one-link"  network so if one alarm goes they all sound off and tell you what location the threat was in. Unfortunately none of the "one Link" models offer  z-wave or Zigbee connectivity.  To gin up a similar functionality via HA sounds too complicated and expensive.
the only one I found (which seems on its way out) is the  First Alert OLCOMBOV SmartBridge Wireless Interconnected Smoke/Carbon Monoxide Combo Alarm with Voice and Location.... However it is unlikely "Smartbridge" can interface practically to Almond+.  I hope this application will get some attention in the HA sphere soon. The announced Kidde RemoteLync is a device that caters to this discombobulation of devices and protocols.
Have I missed something practical out there?

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck