Choose style:

Author Topic: First Alert Lowes Iris Fire Alarm and CO2  (Read 23533 times)

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: First Alert Lowes Iris Fire Alarm and CO2
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2015, 05:24:46 pm »
I don't know if the zwave ones also have voice alerts but with the zwave obviously you can be alerted by phone if you are away or in an area you can't hear it and they can be used, once completely supported, to trigger a number of actions such as flashing or color changing lights and siren activations.

Offline chad.siegmann

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2015, 04:11:58 pm »
I have two of the smoke detectors and one of the smoke/co detectors. I have been using them for a couple of months so far and have had no issues with them losing connection with the Almond+. I have never seen them go into any other status except "okay" or "ok" depending on the UI that you are looking through. There has been a few instances where a push notification shows up for one of the Smoke detectors. I am not sure why because they have never sounded for any reason as of yet, at least while I was at home. I have since changed the names of the smoke detectors to include a number. For instance, smoke detector 1, smoke detector 2 and smoke/co. Now that the names are changed I should be able to see which one is sending out notifications.

The battery life has been outstanding in my opinion. I am a firefighter and strongly believe in changing 9 volt batteries on a regular basis, but now being able to monitor battery life by having a percentage readout I am not sure that I will be changing them so frequently. Just to clarify I know these detectors don't use 9 volts. When I put the AA batteries in for the first time they read either 99% or 100%, now they are reading about 95% after about 4 months. When they get down around 80% I will probably take them out and see what the multi-tester says they are at.

I want to run some tests by using the built in test button on the alarms to see if that sends out a push notification. I just haven't done that yet because the detectors freak out my dog and send her running scared around the house. I guess that is a good thing as she will likely wake us in the event of a fire or CO emergency.

Anyway it would be great to get the CO functionality working as right now my Smoke/CO only shows as a smoke alarm. As others have said it would be awesome if somehow you would be able to access the detectors siren to use for intrusion alarms or just so they all sound when one is activated.

Offline Ohiomedic

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2015, 05:41:20 pm »
I have two of the smoke detectors and one of the smoke/co detectors. I have been using them for a couple of months so far and have had no issues with them losing connection with the Almond+. I have never seen them go into any other status except "okay" or "ok" depending on the UI that you are looking through. There has been a few instances where a push notification shows up for one of the Smoke detectors. I am not sure why because they have never sounded for any reason as of yet, at least while I was at home. I have since changed the names of the smoke detectors to include a number. For instance, smoke detector 1, smoke detector 2 and smoke/co. Now that the names are changed I should be able to see which one is sending out notifications.

The battery life has been outstanding in my opinion. I am a firefighter and strongly believe in changing 9 volt batteries on a regular basis, but now being able to monitor battery life by having a percentage readout I am not sure that I will be changing them so frequently. Just to clarify I know these detectors don't use 9 volts. When I put the AA batteries in for the first time they read either 99% or 100%, now they are reading about 95% after about 4 months. When they get down around 80% I will probably take them out and see what the multi-tester says they are at.

I want to run some tests by using the built in test button on the alarms to see if that sends out a push notification. I just haven't done that yet because the detectors freak out my dog and send her running scared around the house. I guess that is a good thing as she will likely wake us in the event of a fire or CO emergency.

Anyway it would be great to get the CO functionality working as right now my Smoke/CO only shows as a smoke alarm. As others have said it would be awesome if somehow you would be able to access the detectors siren to use for intrusion alarms or just so they all sound when one is activated.
If you do test yours let me know how it works. I tested the one I bought using smoke and since then the LCD UI is stuck on smoke detected.

Offline jimdeangelo67

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: First Alert Lowes Iris Fire Alarm ZSMOKE
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2017, 11:49:27 am »
I have two ZCOMBO units which paired as expected.  I also have two ZSMOKE units and neither of them will pair/include/etc. with Almond+.  Has anyone been successful pairing the ZSMOKE unit?

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 17 queries.

bottleneck