Choose style:

Author Topic: SmartSense Multi Sensor  (Read 14307 times)

Offline rouz42

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
SmartSense Multi Sensor
« on: July 25, 2014, 10:14:46 am »
Device connected as a door sensor. The status on the almond changes correctly but no alerts are given on the android app since it says "unsupported device."

LGNilsson

Re: SmartSense Multi Sensor
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 10:37:17 am »
We'll have an updated app soon, but I'll check with the app developer why there's an issue in this case.

Offline rouz42

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 10:25:19 am »
New Android app shows the device as supported with a valid status but does not update/notify. Rebooting the app does not update status.

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 10:36:14 am »
Hmmm, going to have to check with the ZigBee team as this one should be working.

Offline rouz42

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 11:22:04 am »
Updated the router to the newest firmware and reset the sensor. Sensor is back to "Not Supported" again.

Offline kaihansen79

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 08:56:09 am »
I've updated to R065, and my Almond+ doesn't even detect the MultiSensor. I've opened the housing on the sensor and depressed the "join" button for 6 seconds and the led turned off, meaning it should be announcing itself to any available hub as being ready to connect. The Almond+ just sits on the "Add Sensor" page though.

Is there something I'm missing here?

LGNilsson

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 11:10:27 am »
It seems like this might be a problem on our side. That said, does the LED on the sensor flash to indicate that it's in pairing mode?
I'm waiting for a reply from the software team, sorry about the delay of getting this figured out.

Offline rouz42

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 07:41:34 pm »
Sensor is connected to the A+

Offline vhorsen

• Backer
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 09:50:14 pm »
We are trying connect this sensor and seeing no response in the Almond +. Sensor LED is not flashing.

LGNilsson

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 07:06:11 am »
If the LED on the sensor isn't flashing, then you need to reset the sensor, as it most likely thinks it's associated to something else.
Admittedly I don't have one here, but most sensors have an LED that will flash when they're in add/association mode.

Offline kaihansen79

• Backer
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 09:34:48 am »
It seems like this might be a problem on our side. That said, does the LED on the sensor flash to indicate that it's in pairing mode?
I'm waiting for a reply from the software team, sorry about the delay of getting this figured out.

The instructions say to hold the button down for 6 seconds, or until the LED turns off. At that point it should be pair-able.

Offline kaihansen79

• Backer
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 09:43:42 am »
If the LED on the sensor isn't flashing, then you need to reset the sensor, as it most likely thinks it's associated to something else.
Admittedly I don't have one here, but most sensors have an LED that will flash when they're in add/association mode.

I have not seen the LED on one of these blink when pairing it with a SmartThings Hub before. Not that I typically have to open them up for that, but I've got quite a few and have had to manually pair several in the past. I'm sure you guys are aware of this, but it is a ZigBee HA device.

LGNilsson

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2014, 10:05:32 am »
We had to get hold of some new batteries for ours so there's been a bit of a delay on our side to make sure there aren't any issues.
Apparently AAAA batteries are impossible to find in India so we had to ship some over from the Taipei office...  :-\
Anyhow, we'll get this figured out shortly and I honestly haven't used one, but most sensors like this has an LED that tends to flash when you're associating.

Offline kaihansen79

• Backer
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2014, 10:54:58 am »
Yikes! That is a pain.

The LED does turn on when you initially press it, but does and is supposed to turn off after 6 seconds of holding the button down. When it turns off, that's when it's ready to pair.

Instructions are here https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/200320430/SmartSense_Multi_User_Guide.pdf.

Offline rouz42

• Backer
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2014, 01:58:36 pm »
Any updates on getting the sensor state to be updated via the A+ or the app? With the new firmware, both state "not supported."

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck