Choose style:

Author Topic: The dreaded "Lost Connection" message after power failure.  (Read 3492 times)

Offline grahamnegative

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
The dreaded "Lost Connection" message after power failure.
« on: August 04, 2014, 03:52:37 pm »
Well, I loved my Almond for a year.  In fact, I wrote one of the early ecstatic reviews on Amazon, singing it's praises,  However, after I'd had it 15 months, it stopped working as a range-extender.  It saw my network, but it always hung up when trying to connect to it, finally giving up with a "Connection Lost" message.  I tried resetting it, but it didn't help.  Then I connected to my router directly and updated it.  PRESTO!  The problem was solved for about a month.  Until last night after a very brief power failure...the same problem reared its ugly head.  Same message.  So I tried resetting again...no luck.  Then I tried updating the software again and it said my software is up to date.  Oddly, when it is in the same room as my wireless router, it can connect and functions normally.  But when I unplug it and carry it back downstairs where it worked for a year, I'm back to square one.  Nothing else has changed.  The Almond has no problem finding my wireless network during setup, and shows two bars of signal strength, as it always has.  It just won't connect when it's more than a few feet away from my wireless router.  Help? I really expected to get more that 16 months out of this thing.

LGNilsson

Re: The dreaded "Lost Connection" message after power failure.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 08:07:01 pm »
Please contact our support team - support@securifi.com and I'm fairly confident you'll be offered a replacement even though your Almond is technically out of warranty.

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck