Choose style:

Author Topic: A+ Doesn't receive an IP address  (Read 3391 times)

Offline gomeznick

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
A+ Doesn't receive an IP address
« on: August 20, 2014, 01:17:56 pm »
I feel like I can't be the only one with this problem.  I have a motorola SURFboard 6121 with Time Warner internet access (boo time warner).  The Almond plus is unable to get an IP address from the modem.  I've tried checking the "Use broadcast flag" that was mentioned in an earlier post to no avail.  I know my Linksys router required me to have MAC address Cloning enabled - so I tried to copy that address into the almond+ overwrite MAC address setting.  Still no luck.  Do you all have any ideas?  Yes - I've unplugged and hard reset.  Yes I have the latest firmware. 

If I plug the WAN cable back into the Linksys I get instant internet - the connection light on the modem turns from pulsing blue (when connected to Almond - it also loses the blue light if Almond is turned off - so it knows something is connected - it just isn't active) to flashing orange showing connectivity with the Linksys.

Thanks for your help.

Offline gomeznick

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: A+ Doesn't receive an IP address
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 06:37:44 pm »
Don't know what happened, but came home from work and the router is suddenly working.  Override MAC address is filled in and MTU set to 1500. This must have worked - just needed patience. 

LGNilsson

Re: A+ Doesn't receive an IP address
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 03:27:27 am »
Cable modems are a bit tricky and as per the included instructions, when using a cable modem, we recommend to unplug it from the power, power up the router first and then the modem and this stuff tends to work.

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck