Choose style:

Author Topic: Schlage BE469NX  (Read 67124 times)

Offline The19th

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Schlage BE469NX
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 01:48:00 pm »
Notes on Pairing:

Documentation for many Z-Wave devices say that during the pairing process, the two have to be within 3-6 feet of each other.  From my personal experience, the first time I paired my Schlage and the A+, they were about 15' from each other with a cabinet between them.  I recently had to relocate my cable modem and A+, and now the lock and the A+ are about 25'-30' between first and second floors, and they still pair.

There are some reports that Removing/Unpairing/Excluding the lock as the first step before adding/pairing/including is more successful, but since R065 and factory resets, I haven't had to do this.

Notes on controlling remotely:

The first time I paired the two on pre-R065 firmware, the A+ constantly reported the Schlage as unlocked and no controls were possible.

After updating to R065, both the LCD, Web UI (NutsOS), and connect.securifi.com showed the correct status of the lock and was able to lock/unlock.

At some point, I wanted to factory reset the A+.  I unpaired the lock, then reset and set the A+ up again for routing.  For some reason, I could pair but not control the lock anymore.  After numerous pairing/unpairing attempts, it suddently started working again.

Offline arckal

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2014, 01:58:22 pm »
Thanks for big help, I'll try it today.

Offline arckal

• Backer
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2014, 10:28:41 pm »
So I was able to add sensors to router, thanks.
Before doing that I upgraded to latest R065 and it worked fine. I have tried adding two of the schlage locks BE469, to register I had to take closer router to locks and was able to add both of them successfully. Now whenever I look at the sensor status it shows both of the locks always unlocked and does not affect on locks no matter how many time I have tried locking them, after showing refresh icon every time it says "please refresh and try again".

I have tried web UI, NUTS OS in browser etc, nothing seems to be changed, I have also tried looking at router LCD it show there are two sensors connected and unlocked.

Could you please help me to and let me know how to fix this issue.

Thanks,

Offline sorphin

• Backer
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2014, 11:00:51 pm »
Before doing that I upgraded to latest R065 and it worked fine. I have tried adding two of the schlage locks BE469, to register I had to take closer router to locks and was able to add both of them successfully. Now whenever I look at the sensor status it shows both of the locks always unlocked and does not affect on locks no matter how many time I have tried locking them, after showing refresh icon every time it says "please refresh and try again".

I have tried web UI, NUTS OS in browser etc, nothing seems to be changed, I have also tried looking at router LCD it show there are two sensors connected and unlocked.

Thanks,

These are actually the locks I was looking at getting potentially. I know they're not listed in the xml file I mentioned in another thread. Not sure if that might be having an effect on things or not.

Offline The19th

• Backer
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2014, 11:56:39 pm »

Thanks,

This is the behavior that I was describing where I could pair the two, but could not control locking/unlocking functions.  Each of the UIs would always say processing or that it couldn't read the sensor data.

I tried to exclude/include several times, and even factory resetting the A+.  Somewhere along the way, the controls started working and has been since then.  The way I can tell if it's working by refreshing the sensor data on Web UI (NutsOS) or on connect.securifi.com and NOT getting an error.

Keep in mind that even though I can currently control the lock, sometimes the UI will show "Unlocked" even though it's locked.  I always make it a priority to Refresh the data before I try to lock/unlock.

Offline arckal

• Backer
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2014, 08:37:38 am »
thanks, I have refreshed both of the UIs multiple times and also tried shutdown router too. Behavior seems to be same no change in status and no effect when click on lock/unlock icons on both of the locks.

Offline The19th

• Backer
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2014, 02:07:23 pm »
I know it can be frustrating when you know the capability is there, but it's not working as expected.  I'm not sure what step allowed the setup to work with controls, but when it started working for me again, I decided not to mess with the sensor portion at all anymore.

Also, I noticed that the connect.securifi.com site was updated this morning, and it correctly shows the state of the lock when first loading the sensor tab, without having to refresh first.

LGNilsson

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2014, 04:18:13 am »
We have a new Android app coming as well with a lot of lock related improvements.

Offline jcodyn

• Backer
**NOT WORKING** Schlage Camelot Style Touchscreen Deadbolt BE469NX CAM 619
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2014, 08:28:00 am »
I have updated to the latest firmware version R065.  I have been able to enroll the lock the Almond+ but it is always showing the status as "unlocked".  Also, it will not send a "lock" or "unlock" command the the deadbolt. Basically, it has no functionality at all.  This lock worked perfectly with the Nexia bridge.
Please Help!

Offline arckal

• Backer
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2014, 08:44:05 am »
I don't have Android device to try it. I was hoping to get iOS app soon.

Tha19th and Lars: Last night I was trying things to get schlage locks work, and tried different option, all these things I did when I placed A+ Router to within 2-3 feet of door locks:
1) I removed all the sensors from router and then tried adding locks again, but some how this time lock would not register to router. After orange light beep on lock it was showing red cross light which probably mean did not registered. On the router it was not detecting any lock. I tried this on both locks, both shows the same red cross light.
2) Then I tried resetting locks to factory setting and tried it again, it did not detected/registered, shows the same red cross light.
3) Then I though of restoring the backup which I took 2 days ago from router. After restoring (archive/.tar file) I could see locks were there in Sensor section (all the UI were displaying both locks), but did not do any effect when refresh or try to lock. In fact both locks were show they were unlocked but they were not.

I contacted Securifi support via phone and tried different activities on router and locks for 45-60 minutes but it did not help at all, I was assigned a case which they will work on or research.

Is there any way I could unlink locks from z-wave controller (A+ or similar), because it might be possible that lock are still registered to router, since router  I have already removed sensors but somewhere in locks memory it is still there?

LGNilsson

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2014, 11:01:11 am »
Topics merged

LGNilsson

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2014, 11:03:07 am »
Can you guys that are having problem with the locks do one thing for me?
Add the lock fresh, go to help, send logs and send a log. Type the model of the lock in the text box provided.
This will allow the software team to take a look at what's going on, as these should be no different from the other Schlage locks we support.

Restoring a backup will NOT fix sensor issues, as once you've unpaired a sensor, the unique key which is used when it's paired is lost and the sensor/device will not work with the old key.

To remove a sensor/device, simply go to Add Sensor, remove and follow the instructions from the device/sensor manufacturer. Usually removing something is done the same way as adding something. This can also be done with a sensor/device that have not previously been paired to the Almond+, but to another gateway/controller, but wasn't removed properly from it.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 11:06:22 am by Lars »

Offline The19th

• Backer
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2014, 12:44:09 pm »
arckal:
Keep in mind that while the "Remove All Sensors" option on the A+ makes the sensors disappear from the A+, the sensors/locks are still paired from their side.

From the sensor's point of view, it is still paired and will continue to try to connect with the controller, even though the controller no longer tries to communicate with them.  This is the whole point of doing a "Remove" (NOT "Remove All Sensors") because it causes the sensor/lock to mututally dissociate with whatever controller they may have been linked to before.

The manual from Schlage differs slightly from my printed one that came with my lock, but has more generic Z-wave info.

The manual from Amazon looks like mine, but talks about Nexia Home Intelligence.

Both of them talk about how to do a Factory Reset on the lock, but I'm not sure if that clears any Z-Wave associations.
----------------------
Lars:
Does this info about Z-Wave programming from Schlage's website help the software team?
http://www.schlage.com/content/dam/sch-us/documents/pdf/installation-manuals/24352403.pdf

If needed, is there a way to capture logs from a working system (such as my current pairing)?  For example, can I send a "lock" command and then an "unlock" command and then send the logs?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 12:46:42 pm by The19th »

LGNilsson

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2014, 12:48:50 pm »
A factory reset of locks does not clear the Z-Wave settings.

I'll pass on the info, but not sure if an already paired lock well help or not, I'll check tomorrow though.

Offline arckal

• Backer
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2014, 12:52:24 pm »
So if sensors were already removed from Router then how do we unenroll locks?

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 16 queries.

bottleneck