Choose style:

Author Topic: Schlage BE469NX  (Read 67108 times)

LGNilsson

Re: Schlage BE469NX
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2014, 01:29:50 pm »
No change in the new version of the iOS app that was released  today?

LGNilsson

« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2014, 01:36:32 pm »
I'm saying that the current codes programmed into the lock do not show up and are not able to be changed.  When I access the pin code drop down all of the codes are blank.
There is no way for me to edit them.
Also, I am only able to remotely lock and unlock from the Android app. These functions do not work from the touch screen or the "connect" site. The touch UI and Connect site also do not display the correct lock status.

Hmmm... that doesn't sound right.
Admittedly I don't have a Schlage lock in the office, all I have is a Danalock, but it works to lock and unlock from the cloud and local UI's just fine and it's displaying the correct status in all UI's.
It doesn't support pin codes, so I haven't really tried that, maybe someone else can verify it.

Offline arckal

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2014, 01:53:20 pm »
No change in the new version of the iOS app that was released  today?
Here is what I see after today's iOS app updated.

Offline ardub

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2014, 07:00:10 pm »
I was seeing the same issue as arkal in the latest iOS app update with the RE66 firmware -- it just says "Could not update your sensor data" even though the Almond+ was able to control the lock and retrieve the status from both the router screen and the web UI.

As often recommended on this forum, I unpaired the lock from the Almond+ (which seemed to work fine) and tried reconnecting. The re-pairing failed for some reason and now my Schlage lock will not pair, it only flashes the red "X" when I enter the programming code and press "0" which is the pairing method.

I've already tried removing all sensors from my Almond+ and did a factory reset on the Schlage lock. No luck. Anyone got any ideas?

-------

UPDATE: I was able to remove my Schlage lock and reconnect it properly to my Almond+. However, now the Almond+ router screen and web UI are no longer able to get the correct status of the lock or control it. Also, on the iOS app, there is now both the original instance of the lock (which should have been removed when I unpaired the lock) and the new instance [see the attached screenshot]. The lock was working just fine before -- not quite sure what changed.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 07:25:12 pm by ardub »

Offline sykocus

• Backer
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2014, 10:06:22 am »
Today I did a reset on the Almond from the software tile and cleared out all the sensors (the reset didn't do this) and then added back the sensors I have (one wall plug, one door lock). The plug added fine, but the the door lock is the same as it's always been for me. I get a green check mark on the lock but the Almond doesn't update it's status and the lock/unlock buttons just hang at processing. The IOS app looks the same as the previous posters.

LGNilsson

« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2014, 10:13:24 am »
My bad about the iOS app, I thought they'd fixed the locks.
I'm surprised all of you are having issues now, since this lock was working fine before, or?
I can't do anything until Monday now, but this is obviously not good.  :-\

Offline The19th

• Backer
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2014, 12:16:15 pm »
Lars, I'm surprised you're surprised.

I have mentioned I am currently able to extend/retract the deadbolt remotely only via WebUI and LCD UI.  Given the number of posts on this topic, it feels that I'm one of the few that were able to get this combination to work in this way. While the situation is functional, it's far from "working fine".  I'm so tired of the process that I don't want to try changing -any- settings on the A+ fearing that I lose this ability again.  To note, I have only gotten to this state twice on R065, and less than a handful on R066 (mainly because I've been using it longer).

--------------------------------

This is my typical experience with the pairing process for the A+/469NX combination:

1. A+ LCD UI: Add sensor mode
2. Walk to lock, enter programming code (which requires the deadbolt to be extended) and go into include/exclude mode.  Hope for Green Checkmark.
3. Walk back to A+ to see if it's prompting for a name/location combo.  At this point, the LCD UI shows the current status as "Unlocked" (maybe by default?).  This does not match the current state of the lock (remember, it needs to be extended to be in include/exclude mode).  Save name/location.
4. WebUI also shows "UNLOCKED".  At this point, I either click Refresh or the Lock icon, hoping the WebUI updates to show "LOCKED" (like it actually is) instead of the dreaded "Could not communicate with sensor. Please Refresh and Retry" message.

A. If the status reflects the actual state, then I try to lock and unlock via WebUI a few times before I'm satisfied.
B. If I get the "could not communicate" message, then I put the A+ in Remove Sensor mode, walk to the lock and enter the programming code, walk back to the A+ to verify the sensor has been removed, then go back to step 1 above.

Keep in mind that when I say "walk", I'm talking about a flight of stairs.  If the Add sensor process does not work, I can only handle the above steps two or three more times before I run out of patience with the stairs and give up for the day.

--------------

"Working fine" is if I can go through the Add Sensor process a single time and be able to control the Schlage remotely.

• The Jasco/GE 45609 was awesome. I installed the hardware, used the A+ to add sensor, and there it was! Working ever since.
  • The Honeywell TH8320ZW1007/U took two tries (user error) and it paired.  I can even remove and re-add it as a sensor without worry.
  • The Schlage-A+ pairing is like a house of cards.  I tried the above steps several times a day for several days before I could remotely lock/unlock.  If I have to remove the sensor from the A+, who knows how long before I can get the two to talk to each other again.  Once they talk though, they seem to continue to talk–This is where I currently am.

LGNilsson

« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2014, 01:09:38 pm »
I'm really sorry, I wasn't aware it was this bad  :-\
I've already emailed the software team and told them that this simply isn't good enough, as these things should be working flawlessly by now.
I was even assured that R066 should've fixed the lock related problems with the only exception being Kwiksets, but I guess that's really not the case.
Let me discuss this internally on Monday, as it's simply just not good enough that things are working like this.

Offline ardub

• Backer
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2014, 08:56:15 pm »
I'm in the same boat as The19th and sykocus. I did have the Schlage BE469NX lock working at one point but only controllable via the web UI or router screen. Now I don't have that either -- I'm seeing the same result as sykocus where the status shows "Unlocked" (even though its actually locked" and when I try to lock it, it just gets stuck at "Processing".

Plus, I have stairs just like The19th so I hear you there buddy  ;)

Thanks for looking into this Lars!

Offline Inimical

• Backer
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2014, 01:07:08 pm »
Everything seems to be working fine in terms of unlock\lock within the Android app.. However, I can't program any codes - each time I try I just get a timeout.

LGNilsson

« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2014, 10:50:01 pm »
Have you tried programming codes via the LCD UI? Just want to try to figure out if it's an app issue or something else.

Offline jcodyn

• Backer
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2014, 12:52:09 pm »
Have you tried programming codes via the LCD UI? Just want to try to figure out if it's an app issue or something else.

I have tried both and neither are working.

Offline jcodyn

• Backer
« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2014, 08:04:28 pm »
I have updated to R067 and the issues with the pin codes not saving is still present.
Every time I put in a pin and save and exit, then go back it is showing "unassigned".
Do you need a lock to test and make it work correctly?
If so, I have a spare that I might be willing to send to you to test with (as long as you send it back when you no longer need it).

Offline jjboy

• Backer
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2014, 10:50:32 am »
Hi guys,

Newbie here. I don't have the BE469, but a BE369 instead. I paired the lock with A+ with no problem, but that was as far as it got...

On firmware R66, besides pin codes not being saved after assigning, every time I pressed Lock or Unlock, I heard the door mechanism clicking (1 click), but the dead bolt was not being turned. And on my A+ touchscreen, it seemed to be stuck on "processing..."

Any advice?

Offline arckal

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2014, 02:14:58 pm »
Hey Guys, any news on lock's working? I am still having same issues with the my BE469 locks. I have R66 firmware, tried setting locks from all the available UIs but no luck. Although UI does shows locks are paired in device/sensors list but does not work and also do not shows correct status.

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 17 queries.