Choose style:

Author Topic: Opening Router Ports or DMZ  (Read 8865 times)

Offline varundev

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Opening Router Ports or DMZ
« on: July 31, 2014, 12:38:31 am »
I have a Samsung mobile network extender I've been trying to get working on the network but it won't because it needs certain ports open to operate.  I tried to open the ports in the firewall section, but no go.  I then looked to see if there was a DMZ I could use to place the network extender in to get it operational, but no such option.  I unplugged the Almond+ from the cable modem and plugged the network extender directly into the modem and it worked perfectly.  I'm wondering why the firewall didn't allow the ports to be opened.  The rules were easy to create, but they didn't work, except one, for port 53, which is the OpenDNS port.  I used an online router port test to verify the ports.  If I disable the port 53 rule, that port showed closed on the test, and if I enabled it, it showed open but the others did not work at all.  I've tried creating them multiple times with different setting to see if they would work, but nothing.  I also tried creating forward rules to the extender's IP, but that didn't work either.  Anyone else have issues creating rules that don't seem to work?

LGNilsson

Re: Opening Router Ports or DMZ
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 03:55:26 am »
Did you have a look here? http://wiki.securifi.com/index.php?title=Port_forwarding_-_Almond%2B_2014
If that doesn't work, then we're going to have to have a look if there's something wrong, but that has worked successfully for other backers.

Offline turtle12

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 12:29:54 am »

I have a Samsung mobile network extender I've been trying to get working on the network but it won't because it needs certain ports open to operate.  I tried to open the ports in the firewall section, but no go.  I then looked to see if there was a DMZ I could use to place the network extender in to get it operational, but no such option.  I unplugged the Almond+ from the cable modem and plugged the network extender directly into the modem and it worked perfectly.  I'm wondering why the firewall didn't allow the ports to be opened.  The rules were easy to create, but they didn't work, except one, for port 53, which is the OpenDNS port.  I used an online router port test to verify the ports.  If I disable the port 53 rule, that port showed closed on the test, and if I enabled it, it showed open but the others did not work at all.  I've tried creating them multiple times with different setting to see if they would work, but nothing.  I also tried creating forward rules to the extender's IP, but that didn't work either.  Anyone else have issues creating rules that don't seem to work?

How did you get yours to work? I tried the referenced link below.

Offline obmd1

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 06:05:50 pm »
I am not able to connect the wireless extender using this solution. Opening ports and forwarding ports to the Xfinity modem's ip address fails. What address should I use as a forward?

Offline obmd1

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 10:22:10 pm »
So I have tried most everything involving the ports verizon says are needed. I have forwarded them to the device, as I found the IP address in question. Still no link and it works fine if I take the almond out of the way, connecting via wire to the cable router/modem. Any more ideas?

Offline obmd1

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 12:57:10 am »

How did you get yours to work? I tried the referenced link below.

I JUST go this to work. Forward ports, name a traffic rule "DMZ", leave the port numbers BLANK, and fill in the correct IP address for the extender (found in the WRT section, under "services" and DCHP----> active leases.

gnight!!

LGNilsson

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 04:22:47 am »
One more thing that needs to be done if you're on firmware R058.
Deselect FTP and IPsec under Services --> ALG and everything should be working.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 17 queries.