Choose style:

Author Topic: Canary (www.canary.is) support in the future?  (Read 3888 times)

Offline rysmithjr

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Canary (www.canary.is) support in the future?
« on: August 14, 2014, 07:02:25 pm »
Like the ideas/suggestions/requests to be compatible with multiple controllers such as SmartThings, Vera, etc, I would add this very popular and "coming coon" Indiegogo project, Canary.  It is a single unit with multiple sensors and camera, designed as a security system.  It would be great to find a way to connect those sensors with Almond+.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/canary-the-first-smart-home-security-device-for-everyone

Offline ardub

• Backer
Re: Canary (www.canary.is) support in the future?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 12:16:23 pm »
I agree, I'd also love to see integration with Canary -- however, without Z-Wave or Zigbee integration, I don't think it'd be easy. I haven't even seen them talk about an open API yet.

With that said, when asked if it'll work with other products they responded: "The answer for now is…maybe and we hope so. While we admire and respect other products and companies like Smart Things and August, for now our focus is making Canary the best and simplest security product experience in the marketplace, unencumbered by the complication of other devices and solutions. Stay tuned for developments in this space."

I would love to see Almond or an independent developer for Almond reach out to Canary (or visa versa) to see how a potential API could be used to eventually integrate the two products.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 12:18:32 pm by ardub »

LGNilsson

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 11:44:20 pm »
We are working on support for IP devices, but first up is the Philips Hue and the Nest thermostat. After that, we'll see.

Offline Blueiris8

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 08:00:18 pm »
This looks interesting, but Blink does most of the same stuff for 1/4 of the price per unit, is completely wireless and they are planning an open API.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/505428730/blink-wire-free-hd-home-monitoring-and-alert-syste?ref=discovery

Offline MusicPDX

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 07:03:18 pm »
+1 vote for compatibility/integration with Canary if it can be achieved in the future. Thanks and cheers.

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 20 queries.