Choose style:

Author Topic: Schlage WCW100 Wireless Network Camera  (Read 8622 times)

Offline rherring

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Schlage WCW100 Wireless Network Camera
« on: January 11, 2015, 04:48:01 pm »
Is it possible to connect both the Schlage WCW100 Wireless Network Camera and the Schlage WCE100 LiNK Wired Network Camera to the almond+ in order to have video feed while away from the house? I have both of these cameras and had then setup on my last system.

LGNilsson

Re: Schlage WCW100 Wireless Network Camera
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 06:29:20 pm »
They seem to be proprietary to the Nexia system. We don't have native support for cameras yet, but we're working on something.
That said, is the WCW100 a Z-Wave camera?

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 06:59:38 pm »
Not familiar with these but excited to hear about support for ip cameras being added. Even if it was just simple support with an ip cam viewer ability embedded into the interfaces.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 06:52:20 pm »
Lars I meant to mention that even basic support for cameras could be a boon with so many companies offering cameras now. Just the ability for basic viewing and control, such as with many of the IP cam viewer apps available, would be a nice start. I have no idea how complex it is to add this kind of support and I know some companies make their device proprietary, which hinders the entire market IMHO, but for other devices I do not know. I know I use a viewer app that works well and supports tons of cameras with new support being added regularly. I use this as I have a multitude of brands and types of devices. I have one set of DVR cameras with each camera wired to the DVR and the DVR is networked to allow remote viewing / control and I have individual wifi cameras that aren't currently using a DVR/ NVR of any kind. In my opinion, I prefer this over having to use a different app for each branded camera. IF this was integrated with the almond, even if it wasn't using triggers alerts etc, yet, I would be quite happy.

Offline rherring

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 10:06:12 pm »
They claim that the Schlage cameras are Z-Wave Cameras, but I'm pretty sure they're just IP Cameras.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 08:57:35 pm »
Is z wave capable of even transmitting the data required for video? I have no idea but I always thought they just used z wave to pair the cameras to the hub / controller and set up the network connection for the camera.

LGNilsson

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 12:33:56 am »
I saw some DECT cameras at CES, but that's 1Mbps, so a lot faster than Z-Wave.
These cameras only do 6-8fps which seems slow for network cameras though.

Offline RGloverii

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 01:49:38 pm »
There is NO SUCH THING as a "Z-Wave" camera.  Cameras that are accessed via Z-wave based HA controllers are all IP Cameras. 

I know that many companies market their HA systems as having "Z-wave cameras", but it's just marketing jargon.  And very misleading at that.  :)

Personally, the main reason I could see for adding support of network cameras would be to allow for automatic recording and/or notification when motion is detected (either by the camera itself, or by a motion sensor).  That being said, I'd prefer Securifi to solidify other aspects of the Almond+'s feature-set and performance before embarking down this road.

LGNilsson

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2015, 09:45:10 pm »
No worries, we're working in that first. Camera support will take time, but we hope to have something later this year.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2015, 11:49:53 pm »
I saw mention of dect cameras, thought that was interesting since I thought dect was used only for phone systems. I expect Securifi plans to have the system much more functional before adding something like camera support.

LGNilsson

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2015, 12:20:29 am »
http://www.ulealliance.org/

There's a home automation standard mostly pushed by Gigaset in Germany and Panasonic.
ULE has 1Mbps bandwidth and they claimed up to 300m range, but it's point to point so there's no way to boost the range.
It's also using 1.9GHz, so it's fairly interference free.
The cameras Panasonic was showing off only managed about 10fps at 480p resolution, so it's not amazing quality for sure.

Offline rherring

• Backer
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2015, 03:59:51 pm »
Personally, the main reason I could see for adding support of network cameras would be to allow for automatic recording and/or notification when motion is detected (either by the camera itself, or by a motion sensor).  That being said, I'd prefer Securifi to solidify other aspects of the Almond+'s feature-set and performance before embarking down this road.

I certainly understand where you're coming from, however, I have a 5 month old, and my wife likes to use the camera in his room to make sure everything is okay when he starts to get upset. I also had a Camera in the living room doing exactly what you've described... recording when a specific code is used to enter the house (The Pet Sitter) to make sure everything is handled properly.

All that being said, cameras aren't the MOST CRUCIAL items to get working, but certainly an important one to my family.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 03:43:00 pm by rherring »

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 18 queries.