bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Extender?  (Read 4144 times)

Offline Shine4

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Extender?
« on: August 14, 2014, 10:47:43 pm »
Received my Almond+ and unfortunately haven't had a lot of time to really dig into it due to family issues, however, one of the reasons I was looking forward to getting it was when family was here. I have a lot of dead zones - mainly upstairs - in my home and was counting on this to fix those issues, while enjoying some of the other features as well. Long story short, did I understand this correctly that the extender software update won't be available for a few more weeks? I plugged it in, and I see Almond 2 / 5 G and Guest 2 on my network so it created it's own. I should be able to rename them to my own current network name correct? Do I keep the password it came with or will it be able to default to the password of my network? Thanks for the help. Looking forward to digging into it once all the guest are gone :-)

LGNilsson

Re: Extender?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 10:52:08 pm »
It's available now, please see http://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,1396.0.html for instructions and download link.

Offline spyderbite36

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 11:59:21 pm »
It's available now, please see http://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,1396.0.html for instructions and download link.

Thats all and well.. but for those of us who are setting it up as an extender.. how exactly are we supposed to open a web browser and connect to 10.10.10.254 if it isn't on the network yet?

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 12:54:14 am »
You have to connect a computer to the Almond+, either over Wi-Fi or with a cable.
As shipped, the Almond+ doesn't work as an extender and you need to update the firmware to get this feature.

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck