Choose style:

Author Topic: Issue in AP mode with ATT Uverse Router  (Read 4743 times)

Offline orlex

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Issue in AP mode with ATT Uverse Router
« on: August 15, 2014, 12:17:37 pm »
I'm having a similar issue to some other people, but I'm using an AT&T Uverse Router. I didn't want to hijack anyone's thread, which is why I made this one. I am actually replacing a switch with the almond+ while adding some range . I ran through the setup process yesterday, then updated the firmware to the new one that allows AP mode, I seemed to not have any issues yesterday during the setup process. I actually had the A+ connected through the switch yesterday, which in turn connected to the ATT router, but I thought that was a bit redundant since the A+ has ports that can be used. Yesterday, the A+ stayed connected to the internet for quite a while and had no issues using it with multiple different devices. Today, I set it in AP mode and removed the switch from the equation, but have had nothing but problems keeping a connection to the internet. Within a couple of minutes connecting a wireless device and beginning to use it, the connection drops out and will not come back up unless the A+ is restarted. I believe that everything is connected properly so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline pete

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Issue in AP mode with ATT Uverse Router
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 05:17:37 pm »
Welcome to the Securifi forum orlex.

What is the MFG and model number of the ATT Uverse Router you are using?

How are you connecting the Almond + to the ATT Uverse router (via the Almond + WAN port or LAN port?)

[img width= height= alt=" width="250" height="52" class="bbc_img resized]http://forum.securifi.com/Themes/Firox_multicolor_by_SMFSimple/images/logo.png[/img]
Pete
Lockport, IL  USA

Offline orlex

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 02:35:41 pm »
I was sure that I had everything correctly. I gave the Almond+ a Hard reset and it has worked without flaw from then on. My Almond+ was one of the few that had the issue getting the code during the original setup. So, other than the two hard resets that I have had to do (which are very frustrating), it has worked without a problem.

Offline pete

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 05:07:09 pm »
Great news orlex!

Let us know how it goes.

[img width= height= alt=" width="250" height="52" class="bbc_img resized]http://forum.securifi.com/Themes/Firox_multicolor_by_SMFSimple/images/logo.png[/img]
Pete
Lockport, IL  USA

Offline evg2000

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 12:16:08 am »
Hi, I will be hooking my to an att router, should I hook it up via wan or lan?  I was thinking wan?
thanks

LGNilsson

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 11:49:24 pm »
Almond+ WAN to router LAN is correct.

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck