bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Such a disappointment..... How can I get my money back  (Read 6783 times)

Offline zentrickster

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Such a disappointment..... How can I get my money back
« on: August 15, 2014, 08:40:54 pm »
I thought Securifi performed a beta test with units in the wild....

Apparently not!

It seems that at level of backing I provided that I received a crippled unit....

You can't even install a recently released firmware update!!!

Seriously... did they ever test updates to devices  in the wild? 

This is a POS, prior to receiving the Almond+ I got some z wave sensors.... they work from the touch screen.... but not from my android phone...

I want my money back,! Of course I will return the unit to Securifi... and it will not be returned via some  fourth class courier like TNT...

I had hoped that the almost 1 year delay for delivery would at least provide me with something other than a simple router that I could get at Staples... for 29.99...

Now if you could please direct to to refunds and returns.

Offline kingjamez

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Such a disappointment..... How can I get my money back
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 08:58:40 pm »
Simmer down now.

Yes, the software needs some work. However, from a hardware side, you can't get anything near what the Almond+ is for the price you BACKED.

That is key. When you Kickstart, you are NOT buying a product. You are backing a company. You backed Securifi, they sent you a REWARD FOR BACKING. Massive difference. Securifi could have sent you an empty box and you couldn't do anything about it.

That said, each software version is getting better. The latest  version is substantially improved, give it a try.

-jim

Offline robh5791

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 09:33:57 pm »
I have backed over a dozen KS projects and this one is by far the best to deal with as far as support goes. There are bugs and there were delays but I encourage you to go to Staples and find an AC router for under $150 and that is without any z wave or zigbee functionality which is an additional cost. Backing a kickstarter project is to help develop a company's product from the ground up and the technology built into this device will serve us for a good deal of time to come. I encourage you to give the device and securifi a chance to better the product through our helpful comments and bug finds since we are essentially beta testers of sorts.

Offline Achrovost

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 10:09:42 pm »
I have not had any major issues that have not already been fixed by this latest update. Oh and I worked for Office Max and I know the kind of routers they keep in brick and mortar stores. I would not recommend them, not unless you go for the $120+ ones. Even with those you don't get the functionality that the Almond+ has.

Offline pete

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 03:35:08 pm »
zentrickster,

Yup; the whole Kickstarter endeavor; your support; your help is most needed. 

Comments which are negative do want to be heard as well as good comments. 

Sometimes though excessively harsh words are counterproductive.

We try the best here to keep some semblance of order and effective tones in dialog.  That said you made your point loud and clear.

This is all new to me as it is to you. 

That said I have been playing here (tinkering I suppose) with the Almond and Almond + now for quit some time (months?).  It is the first of its kind and I am impressed with its functions set.  It has evolved mostly based on what has been said or commented or tested with the initial Kickstarter participants.

Going very slow; baby steps as the combination router, AP, switch, firewall and automation server (hub) with a touch screen is unique and really being shaped and formed literally software / hardware wise by those same said backers of the product (you and I included).

Give Securifi support a ping and they will help you in whatever matter(s) that concern you.

Email support@securifi.com.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 03:41:07 pm by pete »
[img width= height= alt=" width="250" height="52" class="bbc_img resized]http://forum.securifi.com/Themes/Firox_multicolor_by_SMFSimple/images/logo.png[/img]
Pete
Lockport, IL  USA

Offline j8048188

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 04:56:13 pm »
You can't even install a recently released firmware update!!!
Do you try to access the web interface (10.10.10.254) to do the update, and get an error about LUCI being corrupt? If so, you can do a hardware reset by pressing the button on top of the router:
http://wiki.securifi.com/index.php?title=Hardware_reset_button_-_Almond%2B_2014

This is a POS, prior to receiving the Almond+ I got some z wave sensors.... they work from the touch screen.... but not from my android phone...
Sometimes the app doesn't do the dynamic updates. I believe it's a known issue, but I'm not sure.

I want my money back,! Of course I will return the unit to Securifi... and it will not be returned via some  fourth class courier like TNT...
My Almond was delivered by Fedex overnight once TNT got it to the US. I am signed up for Fedex delivery manager so I got an email from them with the final tracking number. I was very happy with shipping.

I had hoped that the almost 1 year delay for delivery would at least provide me with something other than a simple router that I could get at Staples... for 29.99...
Please tell me which dual-band Wireless AC router that can run Open/DDwrt Staples sells for $30. I'll pick one up tonight to use as an AP on the other side of my house.

Offline Blueiris8

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 08:07:21 pm »
If you want to get rid of your Almond+, I'm sure there are plenty of people would would be more than happy to give you your back back in exchange for the Almond+.  Just start a thread offering to sell your Almond+ for your backer price.

Offline zentrickster

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 09:23:15 pm »
That said, each software version is getting better. The latest  version is substantially improved, give it a try.

It would be real nice if I could access my Almond+ through the 10.10.10.254 portal directly..... Though some tinkering I discovered that I am able to connect to the router  via wifi....

Sometimes though excessively harsh words are counterproductive.

Seriously??

Expressing that a product I gave seed money to, and when I received the product after numerous lengthy delays...is still in what would should be called Alpha phase?

Do you try to access the web interface (10.10.10.254) to do the update, and get an error about LUCI being corrupt? If so, you can do a hardware reset by pressing the button on top of the router:

Yes Yes Yes..

Hard reset just provides the same results and is a waste of my time...

times out... and btw I did try it in  IE, Firefox, and Chrome... and I tried to ping it via a command prompt...

nothing..

I expected more... and  was (OK I wont use POS)  underwhelmed with what I got...

Crickets.....

Offline spyderbite36

• Backer
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2014, 10:46:53 pm »
It took me a while of juggling around Ethernet cable betwee my routers, a laptop and wifi. But eventually I got the firmware update.

Let's put aside that this is a Kickstarter project and there are no refunds. After all, just because you bought 50 shares of Microsoft at $39 and they release Windows ME and your computer crashes. They aren't going to refund your shares at the purchase price.

Ok. This is tech support 101.. If your Almond isn't functioning and you believe it is a faulty unit, I'm sure they will replace it.

Now, if you claim that all Almond routers are faulty, as you suggest in your OP, then wouldn't it stand to reason that everybody would be having the same problems?

Just something to chew on.

Offline robh5791

• Backer
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 01:10:54 am »
Zentrickster,

I have a feeling this thread is just an attempt at getting people upset but I'll bite anyway.

I have only one question for you, have you contacted support via telephone about this issue? I have had my Almond+ for about a month now and had some issues with a few things in that time, and continue to have a few more that are ongoing, and most were addressed fairly quickly either by a way to fix the issue or in one case, replacing two of the sensors I bought through their site because of a sensor firmware issue that was discovered. I am fairly certain that no matter what answer we or Securifi give,  you will not be satisfied but I figured I would give you the benefit of the doubt.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.