bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Wireless Printer will not connect  (Read 8458 times)

Offline robh5791

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Wireless Printer will not connect
« on: August 17, 2014, 03:52:45 pm »
I have an older Lexmark wireless printer that I wanted to set up with my Almond+ and when I go through the setup process and enter the SSID and password, it returns a error that the network settings are incorrect. I am using the same credentials as all my other devices that use the Almond+ as the router. The specific model is Lexmark X4530. I have tried both 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz bands and both give this same error. Is there a setting I need to change on the Almond side of this connection to make this work properly? I also tried connecting the printer to the USB port in the Almond to see if I could access it remotely through there but it does not show up at all as a printer on either my windows 7 PC or my MacBook Air running Mavericks. Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be great.

LGNilsson

Re: Wireless Printer will not connect
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 11:20:11 pm »
I've reported this issue to the software team and it'll be looked into.

Offline robh5791

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 01:23:41 am »
Thanks Lars.

Offline jim

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 07:19:04 am »
From my perspective, there are still issues with the wireless drivers.

I finally managed to get my Brother HL-2170W to connect to my Almond+ but I had to do a complete reset of the printer.  Additionally, it will lose connection and not be able to reconnect.  I have to pull the plug on my printer to get it to reconnect.  The exact same thing also happens to one of my wireless bridges.  It will disconnect everything 3-4 days and the only way to get it to reconnect is to pull the plug on the device and plug it back in. 

Offline robh5791

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 02:05:33 pm »
Jim,
I have tried several reboots of the printer and it works through the USB connection so the driver on my Mac is up to date. My main issue is that I am trying to connect a printer directly to the network rather than through a desktop as it is now because if that machine will not wake on pan for some reason, I cannot print obviously. I tried plugging two printers into my Almond+ to do it that way and neither showed but that could be not a function as of yet, which is fine. The problem is my printer is returning invalid credentials for both 2.4 and 5 ghz bands. If I could get it to connect at all it would be a step in the right direction.

Offline jim

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 03:26:10 pm »
Jim,
I have tried several reboots of the printer and it works through the USB connection so the driver on my Mac is up to date. My main issue is that I am trying to connect a printer directly to the network rather than through a desktop as it is now because if that machine will not wake on pan for some reason, I cannot print obviously. I tried plugging two printers into my Almond+ to do it that way and neither showed but that could be not a function as of yet, which is fine. The problem is my printer is returning invalid credentials for both 2.4 and 5 ghz bands. If I could get it to connect at all it would be a step in the right direction.

When I said wifi driver, I was referring to the wifi driver used by the Almond+ router.  There are known issues with the almond+ drivers that are causing wifi dropouts.  However, I have no idea if that is causing the credential issues you are seeing.  Have you validated you are using the correct encryption settings (make sure almond+ is the same as the printer is setup to use)?  E.g.  almond+ set to WPA and printer is set to WPA.  If you have the almond+ set to WPA2 and the printer set to WPA, then it won't be able to connect.

Offline robh5791

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 04:03:51 pm »
The almond is set to WPA/WPA2 and the printer had me select WPA so it should work. Makes sense about the almond drivers though. It's not a major problem but figured I would bring it up in case anyone else saw it and found a fix.

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck