bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: A+ Z-wave complete failure  (Read 4501 times)

Offline Oendaril

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
A+ Z-wave complete failure
« on: August 22, 2014, 09:19:23 am »
Well, I appear to have had some bad luck now.

I unplugged my almond+ this morning in order to plug it into an extension cable and walk around to reach the last outlets that wouldn't pair with the A+ directly.  After I re-plugged it in, none of the add/remove sensorfunctionality was seeming to respond. Then, I tried testing controlling any of my existing sensors on the touchscreen and nothing responded. Brought it back to where it originally sat and connected it back to the internet, no response. Lastly, I attempted a reset of all sensors and even that is failing.

Is there anything I can do at this point?

Offline pete

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: A+ Z-wave complete failure
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 09:47:45 am »
Is there anything I can do at this point?

Well  I would start from scratch with the white reset button on the top.
[img width= height= alt=" width="250" height="52" class="bbc_img resized]http://forum.securifi.com/Themes/Firox_multicolor_by_SMFSimple/images/logo.png[/img]
Pete
Lockport, IL  USA

Offline Oendaril

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 09:50:33 am »
Already did that. Didn't reset the z-wave network :\

Actually, it appears that resetting the router DID let me be able to reset the entire controller. Phew!

Edit: Re-initialized the entire network going around the house. Unplugged the router, re-plugged back into the regular spot and now it doesn't work again. Is just unplugging the router causing the z-wave network to corrupt? I don't know of any "safe" way to turn the router off.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 11:36:25 am by Oendaril »

Offline The19th

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 12:11:19 pm »
Well  I would start from scratch with the white reset button on the top.

Here's some conflicting information from Lars:

"A factory reset of locks does not clear the Z-Wave settings."

Also, I've noticed that Z-Wave pairings are retained even after I factory reset my A+.

Oendaril:
I would start by excluding your sensors from the A+, then put your router back where you expect it to "live".  Then include the sensors starting with the closest ones then building out by distance.  This could help the A+ with determing the mapping of your z-wave network. 

From what I understand of the technology, the controller determines the best path to get to the sensor during pairing.  Not saying this method will fix it, but it's a suggestion for your current situation and for future sensors.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 09:01:53 pm by The19th »

Offline Oendaril

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 08:29:35 pm »
I think I've got it stable again. After the second complete lack of response, I just left it to see if it was either taking a long time to negotiate or maybe doing a network "heal" after changing locations.  It appeared to start responding again an hour or two later.

So, if anyone else gets this problem give it a little time to see if it does end up catching back up. It ended up playing every button I pushed on the router too, just an hour later :)

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck