Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond+ and Charter internet - dont like each other! but got it working  (Read 12416 times)

Offline Alphafox78

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Almond+ and Charter internet - dont like each other! but got it working
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2014, 10:27:55 am »
well I cant get it to work at all, should I just throw this thing out or are there any suggestions?

LGNilsson

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2014, 10:30:53 am »
Well, you might want to try by contacting our support team so we can have a look at what's going on...

Offline chevyman142000

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2014, 10:31:05 am »
So far I have had the best luck with powering everything off (modem and router) start by plugging in the cable modem and give it 2-5 minutes to boot up and do its thing. After that, boot up the Almond+ and give it a few minutes. I usually try and watch the wan section to make sure it has a public IP and just to see if it bounces around on addresses or not. If that doesn't help, I would try doing the opposite (boot the almond+ first after everything is powered off for a few minutes, and cable modem after that). One other thing is make sure the setting for DOCSIS 3 modems is checked. I'm unsure if that actually does anything or not, but I always try to make sure that is checked.

Offline Alphafox78

• Backer
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2014, 11:30:24 am »
Yes, in the comments section it says 'used on charter with DOCSIS 3 modems' which is what I have. and initially it wouldn't work at all with my new modem and I called support and figured that out with them before it was so obvious on the DHCP page. but now it seems to have no affect, im sure there is a communication issue using charger, docsis 3 and the almond. I just wish securefi would recognize this as an issue and address it as right now the router is useless. My parents the next town over have charter and purchased an original almond and had the same issue so its not just me or this model almond. all almonds seem to be affected.

Offline Alphafox78

• Backer
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2014, 11:32:46 am »
After that, boot up the Almond+ and give it a few minutes. I usually try and watch the wan section to make sure it has a public IP and just to see if it bounces around on addresses or not.

This is exactly what happens: it has a public IP and it works, then it says its not online. it will randomly flip flop between online and offline maintaining the IP address. its definitely the almond as the netgear is fine.

Offline chevyman142000

• Backer
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2014, 11:37:16 am »
I have issues sometimes with it changing public IP addresses after it is booted up...I have no idea why or what is causing it but I do agree that this is only happening with the Almond+. Probably worth opening a support ticket.

Offline Alphafox78

• Backer
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2014, 12:06:39 pm »
I have issues sometimes with it changing public IP addresses after it is booted up...I have no idea why or what is causing it but I do agree that this is only happening with the Almond+. Probably worth opening a support ticket.

If you are having this issue as well, did you open a ticket? outcome?
How do I open one, is there an email address? I cant call them as im at work ;P

Offline chevyman142000

• Backer
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2014, 12:12:13 pm »
You can email a support ticket in: support@securifi.com

I've opened tickets in the past..but not for the specific issue I have right now. I was going to wait and see if the next released firmware resolves any of this or not before doing it. Sounds like you are in a much worse situation than I am though.

Offline chevyman142000

• Backer
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2014, 04:50:36 pm »
Any luck on this? I replaced my cable modem last night. It took a few hours before I was able to get my Internet connection stable. I ended up powering everything OFF for like 10 minutes. Powering on the Almond+ for 15 minutes and finally the cable modem after that. It seems interesting that if I go in the other order the public IP address changes a few times and will sort of work, drop out for like 10 seconds, come back and just keep doing that. Of course, it is ONLY with the almond+ that this is happening.

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 20 queries.