bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Apple HomeKit?  (Read 6271 times)

Offline redford48239

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Apple HomeKit?
« on: June 03, 2015, 12:10:32 pm »
Has there been any conversations regarding the upcoming release of HomeKit?  Elegato, iHome, Insteon and Lutron have all announced new products that carry the badge. GE is rumored to be launching also during next weeks Apple get together. I'm hoping for a Siri-controlled or connected Almond.

Offline Ohiomedic

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Apple HomeKit?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 01:58:42 pm »
From my understanding from Apple's requirements of being MiFi certified they would require new hardware. So they would have to come out with a new Almond that uses the components Apple says to use. What you will probably be seeing from other company's is new Hubs that meet the MiFi requirements that will talk to current sensors. Plus the would need to apply and pay for the license.

Like I said that is just going by my understanding of the program.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 02:03:38 pm by Ohiomedic »

Offline redford48239

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 02:27:32 pm »
Thanks for the insight. Wasn't sure on how older systems would be utilizing it.  Found this from Insteon:

"Insteon, which makes a wide range of smart home devices, is now shipping the Insteon Hub, a $149 device that adds HomeKit support to the company's existing lineup. A new HomeKit-enabled version of the Insteon+ control app is also on the way."

Makes you wonder...

Offline Ohiomedic

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 08:34:29 pm »
Yeah Apple likes to control everything, I was hoping for it also. Even if they can't make it homekit compatible their may be some workarounds. Maybe able to do something if Almond gets IFTTT support, or maybe something using a new Hue hub, if you have any Hue products.

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck