bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Can't get Key Fob to go into pair mode  (Read 6501 times)

Offline ydol

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Can't get Key Fob to go into pair mode
« on: August 19, 2014, 08:55:59 pm »
Anyone having trouble with this?  Instructions seem clear cut, but I cannot get the fob to go into pairing mode.  Anyone successfully paired one?
Thanks

Offline Automate

• Backer
Re: Can't get Key Fob to go into pair mode
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 09:36:55 pm »
Try following the directions except press the lock key less than a second.  I could not get mine to pair.  Then by accident i did a short press on the lock key and it worked.

Offline ydol

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 09:45:47 pm »
That did it!  Thanks for the tip!

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 04:17:37 am »
Sorry about the somewhat unclear instructions, we'll get some better ones up in the Wiki, but right now I'm afraid I don't have a ton of time to spend on updating it.
Note that the key fob doesn't really do much until we've got the automation in place, which we're expecting sometime next month.

Offline nellanayrb

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 12:34:57 pm »
I found the same thing when pairing all of my sensors, that holding the button for a second as stated in the instructions only made it blink a single time and then do nothing.  What worked in the end was pressing and letting go right away.  Then the light started blinking and the pairing process started.

Offline KP4

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 11:50:09 pm »
Try following the directions except press the lock key less than a second.  I could not get mine to pair.  Then by accident i did a short press on the lock key and it worked.
That worked for me, thanks!

Is there a sticky or thread with all the workarounds?  I'm happy with the device, but have had problems with the setup. First, I couldn't find out why the range extender and router selection was missing.  It turned out I needed the latest firmware that doesn't show up when you search for updates. Then when I figured out how to do it, the web interface was inaccessible and performing a hard reset didn't fix it.  Luckily I found a post that said to change the default "root" password, which fixed the LuCI issue and allowed me to upload the new update that doesn't normally show up when you search for updates on the menu. Now I finally find out how to pair the key fob, since the instructions are not exact on the amount of time to press arm button.

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck