Choose style:

Author Topic: Honeywell YTH8320ZW1007 Thermostat  (Read 24620 times)

Offline skwakk

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Honeywell YTH8320ZW1007 Thermostat
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2014, 06:47:11 am »
Can you try to do a remove before you do an add as this resets the Z-Wave radio in the thermostat. Note that resetting the thermostat alone, doesn't reset the Z-Wave part.

The default selection on the thermostat is actually 'remove'. You have to choose either '0' for remove or '1' for add…its already on '0' when you go to that section.

LGNilsson

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2014, 07:02:48 am »
You're missing my point here.
Use the remove option on the Almond+, then on the thermostat.
The way Z-Wave works is that a gateway/controller has to release a sensor/device or it won't be able to be re-connected.

Offline skwakk

• Backer
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2014, 07:19:42 am »
You're missing my point here.
Use the remove option on the Almond+, then on the thermostat.
The way Z-Wave works is that a gateway/controller has to release a sensor/device or it won't be able to be re-connected.
Yes..I actually did that too. 'Remove All Sensors' from Almond+. Even rebooted it. I reset the thermostat to factory settings..and even remove its power and battery. I also tried doing it  where the almond+ is like 1 feet from the thermostat...since I saw that you mentioned that on another thread.

LGNilsson

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2014, 08:14:13 am »
Ok, let's do this really slow.
Almond+, Add Sensor, remove. Not Remove all.
Thermostat, remove from Z-Wave gateway.
You should see a message on the Almond+ LCD that an unknown sensor has been removed.
Now the thermostat should be ready to be added again.

Offline skwakk

• Backer
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2014, 08:24:59 am »
Ok, let's do this really slow.
Almond+, Add Sensor, remove. Not Remove all.
Thermostat, remove from Z-Wave gateway.
You should see a message on the Almond+ LCD that an unknown sensor has been removed.
Now the thermostat should be ready to be added again.

really appreciate your help Lars..but like I said, I did that and most combinations I could think of.

I was able to fix it though. To ardub and anyone who might buy this used/refurbished…and having the same problem. you need to reseat the Zwave module from the back of the thermostat. It is covered by a white plastic cover..just pop it out..pop out the module and reinsert it. Apparently, merely restoring to factory settings and removing the battery will not reset the zwave setting. reseating the module is what did it for me.

Offline Oendaril

• Backer
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2014, 09:14:07 am »
I think it's important to note for other people that everything you said you did was not resetting the z-wave status on your thermostat until you took out the z-wave chip and forced it to reset on the thermostat.  The confusion I think was that you needed to actually set "remove" to 1 and you assumed that 0 meant that it was already in exclusion mode.

The default section on the honeywell is not remove, it only shows that when it thinks it's already paired to a network. By changing the remove setting to 1, it then enters exclusion mode. It will show add when it is properly not thinking it's in a network already, and changing the add to 1 enters inclusion mode.  I have three of these thermostats too and the honeywell ui for doing these operations is a bit clunky but is defined in the manual.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 09:17:00 am by Oendaril »

Offline bwainscott

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2014, 09:43:38 am »
I didn't have any problem with mine at all, but it was brand new.  Hopefully a "remove then add" will fix your issues -- that would make sense if it had previously been part of someone else's Zwave network.

Offline skwakk

• Backer
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2014, 10:51:12 am »
I think it's important to note for other people that everything you said you did was not resetting the z-wave status on your thermostat until you took out the z-wave chip and forced it to reset on the thermostat.  The confusion I think was that you needed to actually set "remove" to 1 and you assumed that 0 meant that it was already in exclusion mode.

The default section on the honeywell is not remove, it only shows that when it thinks it's already paired to a network. By changing the remove setting to 1, it then enters exclusion mode. It will show add when it is properly not thinking it's in a network already, and changing the add to 1 enters inclusion mode.  I have three of these thermostats too and the honeywell ui for doing these operations is a bit clunky but is defined in the manual.

yeah.. merely 'resetting' (0710) the thermostat didn't do it for me. I had to pull the Zwave module itself for the Zwave to actually reset its status. You would think though that doing the 0710 system reset would clear things up. That is what the manual says its for. So I think in my case, my unit just had a weird glitch.

There's no dedicated 'REMOVE' setting on the thermostat. You pick 'rf10' then either select '1' to enroll /add the thermostat to your zwave controller or '0' to remove it from the zwave network. Mine was on '0' which is the default (according to the manual). When I pressed the up arrow to select '1', it just got stuck on 'Adding device…'.  and you can't do anything else until you reset the circuit breaker.

All technicalities aside though..if anyone is having the same problem, pulling the zwave module might do the trick  :)

Offline Oendaril

• Backer
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2014, 01:46:35 pm »
Right, I was thinking how if you go to rf10, if the thermostat is already included the top of the screen says "select to remove" and if it isn't it says "select to add".  If that didn't work that's strange, as I had bought a used one off ebay and it had worked great after a remove/add.

Offline skwakk

• Backer
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2014, 11:45:04 pm »
to Lars and Almond team..the thermostat app looks great..love the minimalist design! I do have a feature request/suggestion for future updates..is it possible to have the temperature value display in real time while you slide the sliders? As of this version, you have to estimate the position of the slider to the temperature you're aiming for and it won't show until you click 'save' or 'refresh' (on the desktop version).

Offline ardub

• Backer
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2014, 12:01:50 am »
Thanks to skwakk's suggestion, I got my Honeywell thermostat working as well. Removing the plastic piece on the back of the thermostat was easier with a small flathead screwdriver. Taking the Z-Wave module out alone didn't solve the problem, I had to remove the battery for a little while too before I got the thermostat to connect to the Almond+.

Looking forward to being able to control it from the iPhone app!

Offline divpar

• Backer
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2015, 09:27:14 pm »
Any update on the request for real time temperature update when sliding to change the temp?

LGNilsson

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2015, 09:46:36 pm »
I've passed it on to the software team.

Offline ardub

• Backer
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2015, 11:45:18 pm »
Hey Lars,

There's also a "Circ" (circulation) mode for the fan on this thermostat. I'm not sure if it's a standard mode on other thermostats but basically, it turns on the fan every once in a while to circulate air in your house. Currently, there is no setting for this fan mode on the Almond app -- could I request this as a feature? Thanks!

Offline divpar

• Backer
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2015, 03:00:05 pm »
How is the new android app working out with this thermostat? Any good news?

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck