Choose style:

Author Topic: Unusually high number of garbled packets since installing R65  (Read 49178 times)

Offline Karin

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Unusually high number of garbled packets since installing R65
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2014, 05:08:56 pm »
I'm not really complaining as I love the Almond+ and I love seeing it develop, I'm just also mentioning how the Almond+ has integrated with my network.  Ours is an all-Apple network, with iPhones, iPads, MacBooks, iMacs, AppleTVs, etc.  Only one device connects with 802.11ac, and the rest with 802.11n.  2.4GHz is not an option for us, as our condo is saturated with 20+ other APs nearby.  So I've turned off the 2.4GHz on the Almond+, and use only 5GHz.  Almond+ is running in AP mode.

Once in a while I may have many problems web browsing, but tasks requiring prolonged throughput (regardless of bandwidth) are often problematic.  Such as downloads, VoIP and online gaming.

I know a fix is incoming as I have read through most of this thread.  I'll post back here with results when the next firmware is released too, in case it helps :)

Offline Timeslider

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
corrupt files - problems
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2014, 08:12:35 am »
Hello,

{WAN}<----150MBit/5MBit--->[FritzBox6360]<---1GBit--->[GigaSwitch]<---1GBit--->[Almond+ AP-Mode]
                                                     |                                                                           |               |
                                                 5GHz                                                                     5Ghz        2,4Ghz
                                                     |                                                                           |               |
                                           hidden backup wifi                                                       activ         activ

I have the following problems:

- sometimes IPhone 5 can not connect to the 5Ghz wifi (Almond+) displayed as conection error

- this error has cost me one day:
I wanted to download the new version of Code Composer Studio and install. The ZIP file had CRC error every time when I wanted to expand it. I tested then by 2.5Ghz wifi with the same result. I thought at first that it's a problem of Texas Instrument and searched the web for solutions. Frustrated, I then took the cable and it went without problems. There was no CRC error in the file. Then I tested my 5Ghz wifi (Fritz box) no error and then via wireless from Almond+ back with errors again. Surfing and also download other stuff works fine but not with the files of Texas Instruments. (Have also tried other versions from CCS)

Almond+

Cable/ backup wifi

Edit:
All larger files I downloaded are corrupt
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 04:18:40 pm by Timeslider »

Offline raulr

• Backer
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2014, 12:05:58 pm »
Same problem here. Every time I try to copy a large file with scp via WiFi it aborts with:

Code: [Select]
Corrupted MAC on input.
Disconnecting: Packet corrupt
lost connection

Almond+ is in router mode using R066 firmware. Happens both on 2.4GHz and 5GHz.

Offline felixdacat

• Chestnut
Re: corrupt files - problems
« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2014, 05:15:00 pm »
Here's a larger thread on this issue: http://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,1515.0.html

LGNilsson

« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2014, 01:51:29 am »
Topics merged.

Offline Lameth

• Backer
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2014, 04:33:42 pm »
Hey guys,

I'm coming back to you after my initial problems.
Since the R066 it seems some of them got worse unfortunately.

Since the update it is simply impossible for me to get any package that's not corrupted from my NAS when I transferring data from the NAS to my computer or iPad, either in ethernet or in WiFi (both bands). When I use my former router, everything goes back to normal.
I ran some md5 checksum test on different type of files (around 4GB and another one of 100MB) and each time the files were corrupted.

What seems odd is that the data does not seem corrupted (I'm still testing that to be 100% sure), when I transfer it from the computer to the NAS or when it is downloaded from internet to my computer, using the almond+.

Any idea what's happening?

Edit: I just saw the "known issues from R66" post and it is saying: SAMBA doesn't work properly with OS X and Linux. I guess this is it? Any idea what means?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 04:36:22 pm by Lameth »

LGNilsson

« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2014, 10:56:02 pm »
The Samba issue is only related to the built in Samba server in the Almond+.

This issue will be fixed in the next firmware update, so please just be patient, we have a solution in place.

Offline MrAkai

• Backer
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2014, 12:24:14 am »
The Samba issue is only related to the built in Samba server in the Almond+.

This issue will be fixed in the next firmware update, so please just be patient, we have a solution in place.

Sorry Lars can you clarify of the Samba issue or the Wifi garbling issue will be fixed?

Thanks

LGNilsson

« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2014, 12:55:37 am »
They're not related and as this thread is about the data being garbled, that's what's being fixed in the new firmware.

Samba is only an issue on Mac and Linux IF you're using a drive connected to the Almond+ and it doesn't have anything to do with data corruption, it's just not possible to write to the attached drive.

Offline Lameth

• Backer
« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2014, 03:15:48 am »
Ok, so in that case I have data corruption when I access my data on a samba server (from my NAS) using an ethernet or a WiFi connection from the Almond+.

LGNilsson

« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2014, 03:25:06 am »
Yes, which is the issue this thread is about and as mentioned, we have a fix that we're testing and once that firmware is ready in beta, we'll make sure all of you get access to it.

Offline Lameth

• Backer
« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2014, 03:28:46 am »
Thanks Lars.

One quick question. Do you know if the data corruption occurs in both "direction"? It seems I got it only when copying from the NAS onto the computer, but not from the computer to the NAS, which is odd.

LGNilsson

« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2014, 04:16:19 am »
Not sure, I don't have the problem so I really can't say.

Offline msmollin

• Backer
« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2014, 01:03:20 pm »
@Lars great to hear that it's fixed internally. I am looking forward to the beta.

Offline sablesg

• Backer
« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2014, 10:50:16 am »
Any ETA on when the beta firmware will be ready?
I'm seeing this issue as well, and it's manifested by.. corrupting my Time Machine backup :(

I don't have any other router, so I'd really like this fixed ASAP

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 19 queries.