bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Unusually high number of garbled packets since installing R65  (Read 49302 times)

Offline joltdude

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Unusually high number of garbled packets since installing R65
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2014, 08:13:48 am »
My issue seems to be corrupted file downloads...  Esp iPod app updates..  Not sure where to look for cause but Almond+ is set as a wifi Extender... 

Offline msmollin

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2014, 12:11:17 pm »
Just wanted to throw my hat in the ring. Here's my setup:

Verizon FiOS 75/75 service, using their ONT -> VZ Provided Router via MoCCA.

Almond+ Running R066 connected to VZ Router via Cat5e, running in AP Mode, as the main wireless network in the house (VZ router's wifi is turned off)

Several Mac and iOS Clients mostly all running on the 5GHz channel, with a single security camera running on 2.4 GHz. The security cam is a G client, so it drags that whole network down and thus I try to keep everything off of it. Most of the Macs and all the iOS devices are N devices. 1 Mac is 802.11ac capable.

I first noticed the data corruption trying to download the Xcode 6 GM DMG (I'm an iOS Developer) and getting consistently corrupted downloads. Ended up downloading at work and was fine. I finally realized it was an issue last night trying to download the 10.9.5 combo update (http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1760?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US) and consistently, over 20 times, getting invalid checksum errors trying to mount the DMG. None of my iOS devices could update to iOS 8 either, like others have mentioned. I connected in via Thunderbolt->GigE direct to the Almond, and it downloaded fine.

I tried swapping from the WAN port to one of the LAN ports, to no avail. Switching to router mode *did* fix the issue, but now I can't (easily) access any of the stuff on my main network. Yes, I know you can just punch in an IP address in Finder's Connect to Server, but that's not going to work for the non-technicals in the house. The location where the FiOS enters the house makes running ethernet prohibitive without first pulling the current Coax cable out, so yeah, really need AP mode to be serviceable.

Offline felixdacat

• Chestnut
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2014, 04:20:07 pm »
FWIW I tried
Code: [Select]
$ while true; do curl -s -o test.dmg http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flash/updates/11_5_1/mac/Adobe-Flash-Professional-CS55-Update.dmg ; md5 test.dmg ; sleep 1 ; done
MD5 (test.dmg) = 2d9bcdfe75375cba3e63dafdce976c51

on my MacBook. I'm running the A+ in router mode with R066 firmware and got the same checksum for ~50 tries. All looking good. I tested both 2.4 and 5 GHz networks.

More details: The router is hooked up to a D-Link DSL modem, about 14Mbs downstream, provider is Sonic.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 04:56:41 pm by felixdacat »

LGNilsson

« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2014, 10:29:55 pm »
This issue is for some reason only affecting less than 1% of our backers, so this is what's so strange.

As I've mentioned, we're working on a fix, but it involves a lot of things, so it's going to take some time as it involves a lot of the core drivers that we're using.

Offline rzarx

• Backer
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2014, 07:19:23 am »
Hi,
I realised tonight that I wasn't on the latest firmware (I had been checking with the lcd and it said it was all good!)
So I updated to the latest R066 firmware on the web UI. And tested out timemachine on my macbook pro. Please note this is an older macbook pro and was only on the 5ghz n network.

It worked fine. I was able to backup to time machine no problems. Hoping that everything works on the new macbook pro when i get to test it later in the week.

PS looking forward to the unlocked gigabit speeds when they get unleashed :-)

Thanks
Reuben

Offline bauer.cole

• Backer
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2014, 11:14:07 am »
FWIW I tried
Code: [Select]
$ while true; do curl -s -o test.dmg http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flash/updates/11_5_1/mac/Adobe-Flash-Professional-CS55-Update.dmg ; md5 test.dmg ; sleep 1 ; done

on my MacBook. I'm running the A+ in router mode with R066 firmware and got the same checksum for ~50 tries. All looking good. I tested both 2.4 and 5 GHz networks.

More details: The router is hooked up to a D-Link DSL modem, about 14Mbs downstream, provider is Sonic.

I think it has been agreed upon that this issue is only apparent in AP mode, not router mode. Your results so far show the same, correct?

Offline felixdacat

• Chestnut
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2014, 12:16:39 pm »
bauer.cole, there is at least one user seeing garbled packets in router mode: http://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,1515.msg6490.html#msg6490

My A+ is working fine so far.

Offline alantang888

• Backer
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2014, 05:22:25 am »
When I use A+ 5GHz 802.11ac with the new MBPr download app from store, it always fail, after check the console log, it how many message with "limiting closed port rst response from 251 to 250 packets/sec".
After switch back to my old wifi use 2.4GHz 802.11n no such problem, and hadn't got any download error and those message on console log.

Offline msmollin

• Backer
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2014, 12:36:50 pm »
I ended up going back to AP mode for now, since I don't have another WiFi router. In double NAT'd setup (My A+ sits behind my FiOS router because I haven't gotten around to bridging the FiOS MOCA setup yet), I can't connect to my work's IPSec VPN. Since the garbled packets usually don't impact my daily use, I'm OK dealing with it for now so I can keep working, but would really like it fixed so I don't have to worry about it.

Offline spinecho007

• Backer
Corrupted downloads
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2014, 11:09:01 pm »
Hello - has anyone else experienced an issue with corrupted iOS/apple downloads? Initially I thought it was an ISP (verizon fios) issue but now I am suspicious that it is the almond plus as everything is going through it for wifi. I tried running traceroute -F google.com 1500 to see if it was an MTU issue but I didn't see a packet drop. This ended up wasting several hours of my time after having to drive to the apple store to get one of the iPads restored. I haven't tried switching back to my other router but when I connected to another access point on my network one of my previously corrupted mac updates worked.

LGNilsson

« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2014, 11:12:58 pm »
Topics merged

Offline evansj

• Backer
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2014, 09:24:40 am »
Another Mac user here. My Almond+ is not in AP mode, and it has the R66 firmware. I've switched off Wifi in my Apple Time Capsule and just connected it via Ethernet cable to one of the ports in the back of the A+. Since then it cannot reliably back up my MacBook Pro using Time Machine. It tells me every other day that a verification of the backup has failed, and it has to recreate it from scratch (which takes ~20h). Previous to this I had nearly 1 year of backups with no problems.

My LAN setup is:

[BT Fibre modem] -> Almond+ ~> 2.4 & 5GHz Wifi (same SSID for both)
                                                 -> Ethernet -> Apple Time Capsule
                                                 -> Ethernet -> Homeplug (power line networking) -> Homeplug -> Apple Airport Express 2.4 & 5GHz WiFi (same SSID as Almond+)

So, my MacBook Pro might be connecting over Airport Express -> Homeplug -> Ethernet Almond+, or possibly direct to the Almond+. Very possibly a mixture of the two.

Hopefully this is useful in tracking down the problem!

Offline eldaria

• Kickstarter Developer
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2014, 03:31:11 am »
@Evansj.

Honestly the setup you have will be close to impossible to troubleshoot.
Using the same SSID for 4 different networks that take different routes through the network you will never know what network is causing the issue.

I suggest you separate the networks during troubleshooting to Isolate the issue.

Offline joltdude

• Backer
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2014, 10:59:01 am »
Whoever said it was just AP mode... Nope... have this problem when using the Almond+ as a Wifi Extender....
Taking multiple tries to update Ipod/iphone apps was a bit absurd

Offline evansj

• Backer
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2014, 01:52:11 pm »
@eldaria good point. I've switched off the AirPort Express. The Almond+ range is great! Full signal 3 floors away from the router. Anyway, the backup failed again so it will be a good test.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 05:12:57 pm by evansj »

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 17 queries.

bottleneck