Choose style:

Author Topic: SEP Certification?  (Read 4636 times)

Offline Ensign_Redshirt

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
SEP Certification?
« on: August 28, 2013, 07:30:40 pm »
My electrical company has been updating their infrastructure and placing smart meters everywhere (for better or worse). While poking around their site today I found a section to register/pair a ZigBee device to my smart meter for further details on energy usage throughout the day.

The sole requirement they list is ZigBee Smart Energy Profile 1.0 or 1.1, and I'm wondering if the Almond+ will carry this certification?

It also looks like the device needs to be either some sort of display or gateway for the ZigBee standard, and while I'm guessing the gateway role makes the most sense out of the box, I couldn't really piece that information together from the Kickstarter pages/updates. Can someone with more experience on the subject chime in and set me straight here?

LGNilsson

Re: SEP Certification?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 11:04:17 pm »
The Almond+ will only support ZigBee HA via the built in ZigBee radio. It might be possible to add a ZigBee Smart Energy radio via a USB dongle, but it's not something we've tested, nor that we'll support officially at this point in time.

The Almond+ would act as the ZigBee coordinator/gateway, but for something like ZigBee SE your smart meter usually requires some third party software that can make sense of all the data.

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 18 queries.